Damaged grill

Boombastik

Reaction score
Well walked back to the car after work tonight to find a note on the window with a phone number confessing to bashing my car. So I have a look and the front and guessing the van I parked behind reversed in to the grill with its tow bar at least the guy left a note and number. So I've spoke to the guy he's foreign and in a leased van so looking to claim off the insurance

nows the time for a replacement upgrade got any recommendations obviously my first option would be the rs4 grill are there any other options

are you se or s-line

no oem choice if se

and really only RS4 S4 for s-line but you may find the insurance will only swap like for like unless you can sort it with the garage that repairs it.

Good for you. Nice to see someone 'fessing up to actually doing this sort of thing. Ironic, he wasn't British... sorry, I can't help you on that info bit am sure someone will be able to confirm shortly.

Cheers
Allan

update:
I parked the car this morning and spotted the culprits van & the company hes working for.... so took a picture. decided to txt him to see how hes getting on with his insurance and hes telling me they will get back to him in 3-4 days.
so I call the company on the side of the van confirm that he works for them and speaks to his manager
his manager tells me he is aware of the accident but asks me for my details then gives me the address of the repairer he wants me to go to get an estimate & will be in touch shortly he says
so now just waiting to hear from this manager

he may be paying for it himself
to keep insurance down
just ask the garage to fit a rs4 theres not much diffrence in price
and offer the extra or tell the bloke 200 and you will do the work yourself.

Insurance will only do like for like. But it shouldn't take 3-4 days. So as bez said, he may pay cash. I'd just price up the part and get the cash, that way you can buy the grill you want. Leave it in his hands and you'll get the same. Very honest of the driver tho. Seems ther is still genuine people in the world :)

further update;

called my insurance company yesterday and reported the incident to them, they are pretty certain they can claim everything from the 3rd party so have waived my XS ive scanned and sent them a copy of the note with phone number that was left on my car along with a copy of the TXT msg and pictures of teh damage and the van that caused it they will contact the 3rd party insureres & they need to admit liability
going for a repair estimate tomorrow to see how much its going to cost

Sorry to hear that min.. It was needing a paint anyway! ;)

haha yeah your right it was starting to get a bit chipped after following you the last time we were out...
yours been painted yet ?

Yes and no, he's done the arch and bumper and the rear valance but he thinks the paint wont last long on the grill. I might try and get an OEM black grill and fit it. The only thing is I think the slats on the S-Line grill are slightly different to the S4 so it wont be the same. :(
BTW, got my JHM login, so will be flashing it soon! Yass!!

BTW, got my JHM login, so will be flashing it soon! Yass!!

about ****** time, let me know when you go for it and i'll come give moral support :)

i think the paint on the grill would last long enough providing your not a chase car on a loose chipped road

Got car back today, he's done a great job with bumper and arch and rear valance. Might give Plastidip a go on the grill..
Also, picking up DRL's tonight and looks like Wed night for the flash if you're about..