Grill

cabbychris

Reaction score
Hi all,i know this has been touched on before,but for the life of me cant find it,im wanting options of different grills for my 57 plate sline cabb,while i have the bumper off im going to clear corner it,here`s my cabb

Attachments

• WP_20160123_10_53_13_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160123_10_53_13_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
  • WP_20160123_10_53_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160123_10_53_29_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
Reactions: Charlie Farley
nice cab there chap, anyway, yep there has been more post's on here about front grille compatability than you can shake a stick at, but to save you wading throught it all here is a short a answer.
(1) Your Cab has a non s-line front bumper fitted even though the cab may be an s-line version.
(2) Non s-line A4 bumpers have a better array of front grilles to choose from, not OEM ones , but third party grilles.
(3) best plan is to look at fleabay as there are a lot on there, also, just do a search on the net for A4 Front grilles ( non s-line fittment) or if it says wont fit A4 S-line, S4 or RS4 and you will be good to go.
and lastly , the reason the A4 S-line, S4 and RS4 grilles wont fit is becuase they are a deeper grille as the grille apperture on non s-line bumpers is a different depth to the s-line.
if you changed to a s-line bumper then you would have to use s-line grilles or S4, Rs4 , which, as most owners will confirm is about the only straight forward option available.

there you go, all you need to know , you can now go forth and purchase the grille you prefer.

hope that helped a bit.
rob

Reactions: Dani_B19 and cabbychris
Thanks a lot rob does indeed save me wading,i know its been posted but can i find it,

yep, i think so lo....
i think my short and concise explanation should be made a sticky note for future ref to all with the same grille fittment question...... hows about it team.

I think i'm going to make a " what you need to know about B7 grilles) thread with all the info anyone will ever need to assist them with there choice and purchase of a suitable grille.

rob