AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

A4 2.0TFSI Quattro S-Line Mods

I thought I'd just create one thread and stick with it rather than create a new one every time I want to ask a question. So this shall be that thread.

I'm gonna get a Shark stage 1 re-map done to start with and then I'm looking at a few other options.

The blowoff valve I mentioned earlier seems rather pointless at the end of the day and it isn't something I'm completely sold on either. I would like an exhaust with a bit more of a raspy tone along the lines of of an RS4. I know this has a 4.2 V8 so I wouldn't be able to replicate it exactly, but along similar lines would be good. The only issue is I don't want it to sound stupidly loud and annoying at low revs like you see from some idiot in a Corsa. I don't want people turning around because of a stupid noise being made at 30mph in 3rd or 4th. Any idea's what may fit those requirements?

Also, what other mods would you guys recommend?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Miltek and a panel filter will give you a lovely sound without being over the top
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    Miltek and a panel filter will give you a lovely sound without being over the top
    Is that a case of any Miltek exhaust will do or is there a specific one I should be looking toward?

Also what sort of price for it fitted should I be looking at?
    Last edited by tweaked9107; 7th June 2013 at 22:24.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Anyone had any experience with AmD Tuning in Essex?

I've just been looking at their website and I can pretty much get everything I want fully fitted from them in one hit.

AmD Tuning Re-map + rolling road - £200 fitted (50% with Milltek exhaust)
    Cambelt + Water Pump fitted - £370
    Milltek Turbo-back - £870 fitted
    Pipercross performance panel filter - £36

So all in its £1476 fully fitted which sounds pretty damn reasonable.

I come unstuck when it comes to the exhaust though.

>Should I get the 90mm or 100mm tailpipes? I like the ones on the RS4, what are they?
    >How badly will not getting a Milltek Hi-flow sports cat affect performance?
    >Also, are there any other mods that I should consider/get done?
    >I read in another thread about the clutch not being able to handle the extra torque, could that be the case with my 2.0TFSI Quattro clutch?
    Last edited by tweaked9107; 9th June 2013 at 14:39.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    100mm tails
    rs4 tail pipes dont look right with your valance and milltek dont do them
    other mods RS4 rarb
    your clutch should be find with stage 1 remap.

5th Gear

Status
    Sounds good, go 100mm, hi flow will make a difference as cats are very restrictive.

Mines a miltek sport (I think), and a lovely sound
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    Sounds good, go 100mm, hi flow will make a difference as cats are very restrictive.

Mines a miltek sport (I think), and a lovely sound
    Only issue is that the sports cat just adds that much more to the cost. Can't really stomach 2k+ at the moment. Might have to wait a year before I do that.

Reverse Gear

Status
    So I'm getting my A4 modified next month and my insurance is due at the same time.

I'm getting a Milltek turbo-back exhaust with a hi-flow sports cat, a pipercross panel filter, and a stage 2 re-map.

I'm 21 years old, with 4 years driving and 4 years no claims at the time of renewal.

I went on comparethemarket and declared the mods and my insurance will only be £100 more expensive than if I didn't have the modifications. I find this hard to believe as I am going to be seeing an increase from 200bhp to 260bhp+. The price comparison site did not ask for any facts or figures, it was purely just ticking a box to declare the mods. When it comes to actually renewing should I expect the insurer I choose to make me call them and talk at detail about the modifications, and then watch my insurance double? Or is it just what it says on the tin?