CD changer for 1.8T

Skaj

Reaction score

I want to install a CD changer into my A4 1.8T (99 "T" plate) I understand that the car is compatible with a Panasonic unit, which evidently is what Audi themselves use, only re-badged.

I'd be really grateful if anyone knows the correct part no for this unit and where a good place to buy one from is; the car's already wired up for it so I just need to buy the unit - suffice to say that my local Audi dealer wants ridiculous money for one !!

Many thanks,

Skaj

Think you will need an adapter to run it, but what I would suggest is getting the Sony CDXt70 mp3 changer, the MADS0003 adapter (for Audi) and then you can burn MP3 on to cdr and listen all day!.

Think the retail is about £250 for the lot,.

Hi mate,

I was also looking to buy an audi 6 cd auto changer to plug straight into my existing wiring (all A4 1999 are pre fitted with this wiring). However Audi (robbing buggers) and a few other suppliers I spoke to wanted in the region of £300 for one. I ended up using a sony 6 cd changer & interface addapter with my existing head unit which cost me £160 from a company off the net. It was a slight pain in the **** to fit as it didnt just pug and play in the rear. Basically I had to do the following:-

Root new wiring to the front head unit under the carpet from the rear l/h compartment in boot.

Remove head unit and insert inteface addapter in the rear of unit (with new wires attached).

Re fit head unit.

It only actually took about 45 min but a bit of pain neither the less. A good tip for getting the head unit out (suppose to use special VAG tool) is to use your mrs thin metal nail file in the locking slots. As for the site I got it off just do search for audi 6 cd interchangers and you will find a few of the sites selling these. Hope that helps.