Milltek fitted to my 2.8Q

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
Got my Milltek catback system fitted yesterday by JPW in Portsmouth. Very impressed, it's just what I wanted, a bit louder than stock so you know it's there but nothing outrageous, makes the V6 sound beautiful.
Very impressed with JPW as well, reminded me of Autotechnik before Vanessa left.
Milltek2.jpg

Milltek1.jpg

I'm running one on the 1.8t and I.m well impressed to I've done the loud exhaust thing and never again LOL

Does look very nice :) is it the resonated or non version ?

I have the same one fitted to mine really impressed with mine aswell. like your posing in the first pic aswell haha

Resonated, Milltek wisely don't do non resonated for the 2.8. Really can't understand why anyone would want non resonated, if I want my car to sound like a Saxo then I'll buy a Saxo.
It's a bit like wanting tyres with the loudest road noise - very strange, I must be getting old.

thats looks nice! ive got a powerflow i want to get rid of it! its either gonna be a full inc a hi flow CAT Milltek or supersprint catback.

Got the same one fitted to mine, but managed to afford the high flow cat as well....fits perefctly and sounds awesome......good choice.

hey mac... you dont have your old downpipe for sale do you?
see my thread "exhaust help"

Sorry a4quat I think I binned it, but will have a look in the garage at the weekend for you

AndyMac said:
Resonated, Milltek wisely don't do non resonated for the 2.8. Really can't understand why anyone would want non resonated, if I want my car to sound like a Saxo then I'll buy a Saxo.
It's a bit like wanting tyres with the loudest road noise - very strange, I must be getting old.

Does the resonated version dispense with the center box?

As you can see from AndyMac's pic, the center box seems to hang lower than the rest of the system - mine does this too and with the car being lowered, I find I have to watch going over speed bumps (loads of them up here unfortunately).

I've just had mine into the Audi dealer to see if they could adjust the box slighty, so it wasn't so low - but no luck. As good as its gets apparently.

:think:

Does look very nice i think the tailpipes on the MIJ look a little larger thats the only thing to sway me at the moment and they do the full for the 1.8t with sports cat for about 450 if i remember correcrly.

AndyMac said:

Hi Andy, i like the look of the exhaust system. Can you please tell me how much it cost? Also if you know the price of the high flow cat system? Also if not asking to much if you or anybody else for that matter knows a place in or near London that supplies and fits them. Phone number would be good. Cheers Mark.:hubbahubba:

AndyMac said:
It obviously varies depending on the model of A4. Mine was £550 including fitting & VAT, it's another £400 for a hi flow sports cat and they don't do one for the 2.8Q.
These are a list of agents in the UK (depends where you are in London).
http://www.millteksport.com/stockists.in.cfm?CountryID=125&Country=United%20Kingdom

Hi Andy, Thanks for that. Mine is the a4 2.8 Q also. Its pricey for the high flow cat though eh. Would it make a lot more differance do you know?
Cheers Mark:think:

Milltek don't do one for the V6 so the price is irrelevant.
Cats are expensive full stop, about £700 for the stock one from Audi.
A cat only saps about 10bhp so I doubt you'd even notice. Better to spend the £400 on a remap, which will also give you 10bhp but better response and much needed fuel economy.

AndyMac said:
Milltek don't do one for the V6 so the price is irrelevant.
Cats are expensive full stop, about £700 for the stock one from Audi.
A cat only saps about 10bhp so I doubt you'd even notice. Better to spend the £400 on a remap, which will also give you 10bhp but better response and much needed fuel economy.
That sounds good. I know i ask too much but you dont get if you dont ask. But where abouts is a good place to get a remap? Oh i live in east London. Cheers Mark.

P.s andy i changed the temp sender the other day but still got the prob with temp and oil temp. So i have just bought new thermostate,water pump,cambelt kit,and a drive belt. going to do it tomorrow. ****** expensive just to do thermostat. parts £230.
Cheers Mark.

mac1403 said:
Sorry a4quat I think I binned it, but will have a look in the garage at the weekend for you

much appreciated...........:icon_thumright:

had a stainless steel cat back system to my 2.8Q yesterday by MIJ, couldn't be happier.£400 all in with a choice of about 50 tailpipes, maybe a bit louder than most people would like on here, but they can do them almost silent if thats what u want, i went for the mid-sport option.