New Alloys on A4

Meallbhan

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get some new wheels for the motor, its an A4 1.9 tdi sport and was wondering what I could get away with.

I don't want to go for 19's as tyre prices would be bonkers so am gona go for 18's. I think I could go as low as a 35mm offset with an 8" wide rim and about a 42mm offset with an 8.5" rim. Standard is 7'5" wide with an ET of 45mm.

The 8" x et 35mm would give 4mm more clearance on the inside and stick out an extra 16mm.
The 8.5 x et 42mm would give 10mm less clearance on the inside and stick out an extra 16mm also.

Just would like to know what other people are using to get a rough idea, I'd like quite a dished rim so the lower th offset the better.

Thanks.

Hi im running 8" x 18 ET30 rear and 35 front no issues with clearence even loaded / this is with 225/40 18 as i dont like the way 235/40 18 sit in general.

DSC01007-1.jpg

Last edited:
im exactly the same as PAUL20 except im et35 all round, 225 is a little stretched but makes the wheels stand out more ( as the wife keeps finding out with the kerb on nsf)

what wheels you got on that paul20 i like the look of them.

sorry, i made a mistake, looking at pauls just made me realise, im running 8.5j wheels with et35 offset not 8's, so mine are wider making the tyre stretch more on the walls.
can take a pic if required.

think he said 8`s in his post at the top james:icon_thumright:

Yes I missed that, cheers :icon_thumright:

Pot, Kettle, Black :whistle2:

I quote your reply to the replacement of a "leather" armrest.......

:hi:
haha, nice spot!
I actually thought they were the same price :D

are they a lot of cash the spacers ? i get so lost with all the et stuff its unreal

Read THIS Simon.

ET is the measurement from the hub mounting surface to the true centreline of the wheel. The lower the ET the more the wheel will stick out from the bodywork.

I've not researched spacers, but they're £60-100 for a good pair I think.

so the ebay ones are no good im thinking

I used H+R 10mm Hubcentric spacers on my S4 allround and had no issues with anything even at very high speeds .