Polybushing

AlexGSi2000

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just interested to see if anyone has done any polybusing on the B6 A4?

I have a 2.5 Quattro Avant - the front has started knocking slightly - instead of replacing the arms.etc - I am wanting to polybush to stiffen things up a little.

Only problem is - I cant find any items out there for the B6 Quattro - all powerflex list are items for the B5 models.

Would items from the B5 / Passat B5 fit the upper suspension arms / anti roll bar.etc?

Many thanks!

I have the same car and last year mine was knocking the same so i replaced some of the bushes but with standard ones. From the research i did i can give you the part numbers i found for the standard bushes but you should be able to compare these on the polybush website,
top rear arm 4BO 407 515
Top front arm 4BO 407 515
Bottom (curved) rear arm 4DO 407 183 AB
Bottom front arm bush that connects to the car 4DO 407 182G
Bottom front arm bush that connects to shocker 8EO 407 181C

I must say though that these did not cure the knocking as it is the ball joints on the ends that seem to do the knocking, however stiffer bushes may resist the turning forces and stop the ball joint from rotating. Its a gamble good luck

I wouldnt recommend poly bushing the old arms. The bushes may be worn but the chances are the ball joints will be as well.

The bushes for the upper arms are the exact same for the b5/b6/b7 as are the curved rear lower arms. The front lower arms have a different ball joint from b5 to b6/b7 due to the uprights being different, i also think the bush that the strut attaches to is thinner on the b6/b7 than that of the b5.

Exactly, give you an example: i replaced two front ARBs on a car recently and one drop link (as gaiter split) but decided not to replace other original side link = i had a huge knocking that wasnt there before as now the rest of the set up tighter, that slack and wear in the original was now amplified and KOCKED like ****** when it never did before. Good lesson though.