P2100 Fault on 2.5 Tdi B6 A4 convertible

tibyy17

Reaction score
Hello guys,

On Sunday my engine management light came on after started the engine. I checked the fault code: 2100 - "
Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit: Open". I cleared the fault, and its gone. Happy days, till the next cold start when the light came back on. So I decided to remove and clean the throttle body. Its was clean and the flap was moving as it should (I just replaced the throttle body 8 months ago).
I did check all cables and wires, they are all good and the car drives normal. Any ideas what to do next? All help appreciated.

I did some research and apparently on other models its a blown fuse (F8 or 24), lose air hose or lose connector wire or a faulty throttle motor. I was spending my whole afternoon under the bonnet just to look for these things, and checked every fuse in the driver cabin (next to the steering wheel on the side). I got a few questions:

1: Is there another fuse box in the A4 B6 or just the one I checked?
2: How can I check if the Throttle Actuator Motor is working?
3: Anybody have heard of the same fault code on 2.5 Tdi?

The plastic gubbins inside the throttle body are damaged hence the flap not operating correctly, they are about £300 from local audi dealer...

Thank you Adam! I will buy a new throttle body and give it a go...