Audi Service Con??

silverlogic

S3RVA
Reaction score
Howdo - Ive got my 8P S3 booked in at the stealership 2moro, which is going to cost £246.

They just rang me to confirm I was still able to make it and then said as it is now 2 years old it needs its aircon unit servicing and the brakes need servicing also.

I just agreed as I was busy but am now thinking its a blag? Wont the DIS tell me when the brakes and aircon need servicing? It seems to tell me everything else :unsure:

cheers :hi:

The DIS wont tell you about the brake fluid or A/C.

You should replace the brake fluid every 2 years.

Brake fluid is every two years as has been said but A/C should give you at least 4 yrs on a new car before it needs touching.

What are they doing for the £246 not just the oil and pollen filter I hope.

Well I spoke to Audi UK today to see if the warranty was still valid if I had the service done in a place other than Audi & they advised that aslong as genuine parts where used it would stiull be valid. Mine will be going to my old man as im sure it will be looked after better than my local dealer, although i've heard some dealers are great.

Cheers for the replies folkes - its £246 inc for the 2nd AVS plus an extra £100 for the brakes and aircon

I don't understand this AC service. I've never had a problem with AC in my BMW or my old A3, they've lasted well over 6 years.

I was once told that AC is a sealed unit and would only ever need 'topping up' if there is a leak..

I'd be interested to know what they actually service.

aye the mrs got a leaflet yesterday from peugeot giving the hard sell with germ ridden snowflakes on the front of it, I said dont be taken in by it, then next minute Audi call me up and i agree to it lolol. Anyway think I'm having the brake fluid changed, leaving the aircon as you guys have said it should last way more than 2-3yrs, and having said that i wouldve thought theydve sorted the brake fluid within the service but obv not.

Further my parcel shelf broke and they wanted £410 for a new one, but thats a new thread :faint:

Few parcel shelves on eBay.co.uk at the moment...

150332286650 - Sportback

260377895324 - 3 Door maybe?

nah none of em right, this ones a foam shelf with a spring loaded popup sunblind - cheers anyway:beerchug:

The sunblind is an extra... would have to be bought seperately.

I think the Staffordshire Audi eBay store have them.

Well I spoke to Audi UK today to see if the warranty was still valid if I had the service done in a place other than Audi & they advised that aslong as genuine parts where used it would stiull be valid. Mine will be going to my old man as im sure it will be looked after better than my local dealer, although i've heard some dealers are great.

With a prestige brand such as Audi, keeping servicing within the main dealer network is important for resale values. I know many people who wouldn't touch a relatively new car without a main dealer FSH. It's of course debatable whether you get a better service from Audi, but it shows that the owner hasn't been tight when it comes to maintenance.

With a prestige brand such as Audi, keeping servicing within the main dealer network is important for resale values. I know many people who wouldn't touch a relatively new car without a main dealer FSH. It's of course debatable whether you get a better service from Audi, but it shows that the owner hasn't been tight when it comes to maintenance.

I do agree with you & thats one of the first things potential buyers ask but if you are planning on keeping the car for a very long time (like me) then getting better service is better than a dealer stamp in my opinion.

£246 for the service and £100 for the brake fluid isn't a bad price in my view. Changing the fluid does make a real difference to the brakes - they are noticeably sharper. As for the A/C, I've never had this done in 4.5 years since the car was new with two services in that time, yet it still blows nice and cold with no condensation.

£246 for the service if its just the oil service is a right con. My 2.0TFSI had the oil service done for £154 and my BMW 530d which takes nearly twice(7.5l) the oil of the Audi has just had its oil service done for the same price with £90 on top or the brake fluid change.