AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Coming Home & Leaving Home Lights Enabled

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by waring192 View Post
    I have a similar problem, when DRL's are on the headlights are on also? I can also go from dip to main while in that mode. Is there anyway too stop this without getting rid of the mod?

Cheers
    Cruiser,

Out of interest did the leaving home/coming home mod with the wire work for you (putting the described issue aside)? You're the only person on the thread that visually & obviously has an 8P3 2009+ car that appears to have attempted it so hope you don't mind me inquiring Cheers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Many thanks for your guide, it has worked a treat

54 plate A3 sportback, No light pack, No light/rain sensor (auto lights)

Checked the settings in VCDS then earthed pin 12 in block E with a quick touch and left the wire tucked inside with the fuses to add a push to make switch at some time for when the battery has been disconnected and if it needs that quick re-earth tap

Now on to the other issues...... Haha....

1st Gear

Status
    Alright guys , tried this earlier on my 53 plate with mo
    joy, the lights flash on and off for about a half a second then go off,
    Any ideas ? Mines a 53 plate a3 btw, could it be the timing has been set to short for it with vcds?

6th Gear

Status

Coming Home & Leaving Home Lights Enabled

Quote Originally Posted by danny_s3 View Post
    Alright guys , tried this earlier on my 53 plate with mo
    joy, the lights flash on and off for about a half a second then go off,
    Any ideas ? Mines a 53 plate a3 btw, could it be the timing has been set to short for it with vcds?
    Yep try your settings in vcds - I have mine set to 15 seconds coming and leaving home.

1st Gear

Status
    After much messing around , following the guide , trying on my a3 and my mates I have had no joy ,
    Would anybody in the Luton or London area be interested in helping me if I brought my car to them

1st Gear

Status
    Has anyone tried this on the 8P3 A3 (2010 and later) yet with reliable results?

Welcome to try on mine (2010 A3 BE 2.0 TDI 170ps) as an example car if anyone fancies it from a trial & error point of view to make sure I don't miss anything

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm the same as rdfcpete - I have just got my A3 BE (62 plate), I'm based in Sheffield and if anyone wants to test setting CH/LH lights I'd be happy to let them loose on the car. If anyone know's how to do the mod on post 10 plate A3's I'd appreciate it if I could have their contact details, preferably based in the North!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    The ch/lh is only headlights on pre my10 cars & then changes to fogs, so atm I'm unaware of any coding that changes this.
    @NHN - Is this still the case?
    I've tried various different coding options and still my Xenon's come on instead of just Fogs & LED DRLs.
    CE is 8P0 907 279 N on my 2009 plate 8P3, I'm running the latest VCDS, not sure if there is a newer label file available to show more options?

I've searched the forum high and low for an answer to this but have had no success.

.fuct

Status
    Hi, cant really read the whole thread. got that problem: 00216 - Signal EC-mirror Fade Out 009 - Open or Short to GroundIs this part of the other error code with plus on light detection sensor? i had it wired as requested.. now the wire just hangs around somewhere. should i remove it or leave it hanging around and what is that error code?I also have the feeling my sound system has a earth problem - could it be this one? even though music is off it sounds like there is some "tension" on the speakers.Oh and why i actually wanted to post as well:bit 5 and 7 are set but for some reason the light goes just on when i leave the car, close it per remote and open it per remote again. then the light will go on. should it go on with door opening as well? because i have the feeling it just uses it as leaving home light(edit: i actually found the position with the error codes. still not satisfied with the fact the ch/lh just works sometimes. would a useless workaround if its not actually working around :O so stop teasing this function would "work" without sensor got me all excited
    Last edited by -adrian-; 21st March 2013 at 20:43.

Reverse Gear

Status
    where would you get the repair wire from if you didnt already have it?
    cheers

Rom
    2nd Gear

Status
    Audi. I got a couple the other day
    VCDS - Hex-Can-USB - Bristol Area
    Toyota Pro Tech - PM me if you need something done!

2004 A3 TDi Sport
    - Bose, Leather / Alcantaras, Cruise, Eibach Sportlines, S Line Facelift
    Full Paint Correction
    To Do - Lamin X, Tints, Wheels

Past Cars

Peugeot 205 Gti Mi16 - Main love affair - Build Thread
    Honda CRX SiR - Short lived - Build Thread
    BMW E46 330d Sport
    Peugeot 306 Hdi DTurbo
    VW Gold MK4 TDi
    Vauxhall Nova SR - First car!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boggym View Post
    The 4 wires going to T6j connect directly, and only, to the coming home button on the light switch. T6j/1 goes to earth. I'm not dead sure where T6j/4 and T6j/2 come from but one supplies the switch with the power for the small light that is permanently on (similar to the light for the main light switch) the other, I would assume, comes from light sensor to tell the set up whether its day or night. T6j/3 goes to the pin 12 of connector E. With Marc's wiring, he's basically bypassed the switch and connected earth straight to E12, thus enabling a permanent, non-switched connection.

I've retro fitted a new light switch with the coming home button and made up the wiring the same as in the diagram. I've got Zenon's and with the coming and leaving home functions activated in Vagcom, the features work fine when the coming home button on the light switch is pressed on. I can't see the difference between having the button and not so in theory, the function should work. But there again, I haven't managed to get the auto lights working so I'm no expert!
    I would like to do the same thing as I've got a new light switch with CH/LH button but I can't find the wiring diagram. The link doesn't work anymore.
    Can anyone help?

The car is a 2006 A3 Sportback.
    Last edited by Finder; 27th March 2013 at 14:19.
    Audi A3 8P Sportback FSI 2.0T

1st Gear

Status
    Has anyone had the grand success of this working on a March 2010 or later car yet?

I'm absolutely desperate for the leaving home lights (specifically).
    Cheers
    Pete.

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    I did one the other day on a newer A3 where the coming home is enabled and then on a separate tick box there is a check box to set the coming home from auto to manual... as there is no rain sensor the auto option does not work but when set to manual all you have to do is switch the car off and then flick the full beam stalk and the lights will come on when you open the drivers door and stay on as you lock and leave the car.
    unfortunately i couldnt get the leaving home to work.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    YGM Ash!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    I did one the other day on a newer A3 where the coming home is enabled and then on a separate tick box there is a check box to set the coming home from auto to manual... as there is no rain sensor the auto option does not work but when set to manual all you have to do is switch the car off and then flick the full beam stalk and the lights will come on when you open the drivers door and stay on as you lock and leave the car.
    unfortunately i couldnt get the leaving home to work.
    Pete.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rdfcpete View Post
    Has anyone had the grand success of this working on a March 2010 or later car yet?

I'm absolutely desperate for the leaving home lights (specifically).
    Cheers
    Did you ever solve this problem?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Yeah by installing auto lights
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all. I'm new to this site and a complete newbie to forums in general! I have done this little mod this weekend and it worked perfectly. Just a little piece of wire and some coding magic and job done! I take my hat off to you for thinking this little mod up.

Reverse Gear

Status

HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Belchie View Post
    Hi all. I'm new to this site and a complete newbie to forums in general! I have done this little mod this weekend and it worked perfectly. Just a little piece of wire and some coding magic and job done! I take my hat off to you for thinking this little mod up.
    Hi, please can you tell me which is bloody pin 12. Got half my car in pieces and can't find bloody pin 12. I'm so lame with stuff like this so thanks to you or anyone that helps. I think I have the right plug - see attached picture. Feel free to draw on the picture and reupload it to show me pin 12. :S

Reverse Gear

Status
    Can someone please explain in detail where pin 12 is. This forum won't allow me to upload a photo of the plug. Please help I have my dash apart waiting to find out where pin 12 is. Thanks.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

the pin numbers are on the plugs, have a good look at the corners and it should have 1 on the edge on one side and 8 on the other side (i think it goes to 8)
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Browser

Status

My Social Networking

Visit T33_BKD's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrry View Post
    Can someone please explain in detail where pin 12 is. This forum won't allow me to upload a photo of the plug. Please help I have my dash apart waiting to find out where pin 12 is. Thanks.
    You should see some small numbers on the corner of plug E. You may have to remove the housing first o see the numbers. once found just count your way in.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by T44MTD View Post
    You should see some small numbers on the corner of plug E. You may have to remove the housing first o see the numbers. once found just count your way in.
    The numbers are on where it plugs into? Is that right?

This is what I am looking at:

16 ▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️
    8 ▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by winrya View Post
    Did you ever solve this problem?
    Yeah by installing auto lights
    Not working just yet!

Important to note I'm doing only the rain sensor and light sensor retrofit, not the FULL auto light retrofit that most people would usually attack (which involves a new windscreen, new DRV mirror etc...)

Few bits to do but once there, I'll confirm the results.
    Pete.

Reverse Gear

Status
    the pin numbers are on the plugs, have a good look at the corners and it should have 1 on the edge on one side and 8 on the other side (i think it goes to 8)

The numbers are on where it plugs into? Is that right?

This is what I am looking at:

16 ▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️
    8 ▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Thanks.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had mine turned on by ASH187 when he came to do some work on my car.... I am now smiling from ear to ear!

2nd Gear

Status
    So count backward from position 16 until you reach 12.
    Now: Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDi SE - Silver, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Auto Lights/Wipers, Auto Dimming Mirror, Hill Hold Assist.

Before: Audi A3 8P2, 1.9TDi Special Edition, Silver,
    Armrest, MY09 Rear Lights, R32 MK5 Alloy Wheels 18" Gloss Black, Gloss Black Sline Grill, Windows Tinted, Carbon Wrapped Trim, Wind Deflectors, Alarm Beep, LED Interior and Number Plate Lights, Cupra R Splitter, S-Line Springs, footwell lights, S3 Pedals.

KKM
    Neutral

Status
    I'm hoping to do this mod on my RS3.... But wondered if the coding had changed? Loaded things tonight on a friends laptop but the bytes / coding was slightly different?? Thanks Kev
    RS3 Suzuka Grey - Black optic pack

Reverse Gear

Status

Lightbulb

Really annoyed. I have just driven over an hour to my local VCDS person. He told me that it isn't showing the option to activate the CH/LH Lights. It took me AGES to add the 'simple' ground wire - only to find out my car can't activate the mod.

Can anyone understand why? I have a 1.6 SE A3 55 Plate car.

Reverse Gear

Status

Picture of the VCDS not showing the CH/LH light activation

2nd Gear

Status
    It's down to your electronics module if you cannot see the option in VAG depends which line you have. A low line or high line. Not all a3s will have the same options available in vag. I had to change mine to retrofit fog lights.
    Get the code off the bottom of the module which sits where the plugs are. I got my camera and took a picture then message NHN and he can let you know where to go from there. I purchased my highline from him. I might still have my other one which should have CH/LH lights I dig it out and find a code for you to confirm you can have it cheap for like £30 plus pnp if it works for you.
    Now: Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDi SE - Silver, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Auto Lights/Wipers, Auto Dimming Mirror, Hill Hold Assist.

Before: Audi A3 8P2, 1.9TDi Special Edition, Silver,
    Armrest, MY09 Rear Lights, R32 MK5 Alloy Wheels 18" Gloss Black, Gloss Black Sline Grill, Windows Tinted, Carbon Wrapped Trim, Wind Deflectors, Alarm Beep, LED Interior and Number Plate Lights, Cupra R Splitter, S-Line Springs, footwell lights, S3 Pedals.

1st Gear

Status
    Now 100% have auto adaptive lights, leaving home lights (via LED's and front fogs, tail lights and number plate lights) and coming home using the same lights too. I needed a earlier sensor as it happens for my MY2010 car.

As a result, I've now got two working sensors surplus to requirements if anyone wants them - both at a steal price given I paid £82 for the used one and even more for the brand new and boxed sensor Could be of use to someone attempting the same as me.

GENUINE AUDI Q5 2.0 TFSI A4 A5 A6 A8 TT RS4 TTRS RAIN LIGHT SENSOR 8K0 955 559A | eBay

GENUINE AUDI A5 2.0 TDI A4 A6 S5 RS5 RAIN LIGHT SENSOR (NEW) 8K0 955 559 C | eBay
    Pete.

Reverse Gear

Status
    anyone around london or near who can do this mod for me. I have a 2005 audi a3 8p 5 door, looking to get the Coming Home & Leaving Home Lighting.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678