440ft/lb from 2.0 TDI? Surely not...

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

I have been doing some very hard thinking after reading the November issue of max power the other day. I noticed this guy had a 1.9 TDI Ibiza Cupra and he was pushin out 230bhp & 365ft/lb!!! I was literally drooling at the mouth!! He had replaced the turbo with a garrett one, custom code jabbasport remap, air filter, milltek and a few other things, but overall it was the torque figure that impressed me the most.

Then I started doing some research and came across this

http://www.allardmotorcompany.com/filestore/list/documents/Allard-A3-TDI-quattro.pdf

I was just wondering if you guys had seen this already? I don't want to go as hardcore as this, but I think I want more than the remap! I am going to ring this company in the morning and speak to them on the phone and my dream maybe cut short as my A3 is DSG.

I was just wondering if anybody on this forum is pushing 200bhp+ from a TDI and also if they've changed their turbo?!

Thanks for reading, all comments and opinions welcome!

Nathan.

A clutch is definately needed - maybe even with just a remap in the 140pd's :( I'm starting to have doubts about mine!

Looked into it though and an organic clutch will cost in and around £500 plus labour to fit

but the problem with that is that you cannot uprate the flywheel so there will be a lot of pressure put on it if you upgrade the clutch!

does anyone know what the torque is on the PD170???

IIRC, it's the same as the 140...
Not quite the same, according to the Owner's Manual:

2.0 TDI - 140 = 320Nm at 1750-2500rpm

2.0 TDI - 170 = 350Nm at 1750-2500rpm

Yeh, is your A3 DSG boydie? No I remember, its manual. I want 240bhp ish now. And 380ft/lb, and do you know what boys, I'm gonna get it!

Let's say you get 200+bhp and that much torque, what kind of cars would you be able to get past? I make it sound like a street race but it's not, it's only so I can understand what kind of league were talking about here

Car is manual and can't handle the amount of torque I have :( going to sort something out soon about it

I've just been speaking to Allard and they said the clutch is fine on the DSG for around 240bhp/340ft/lb! But we'll have to see. That kinda of package doesn't involve a new intercooler just new turbo and changed pipework for around £2500 I think. Looks like I know what I'm asking for christmas from the misses :)