Lowering a A3 Sportback

maars

Full speed ahead
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good place to get an A3 Sportback quattro lowered (with either Eibachs or H&Rs) in London/Kent?

Don't really want the expense of coilovers.

To be fair Maars, that is exactly how I thought before, so much money etc etc. But in all honestly I didn't realise how much difference coilovers make. My cousin has KW V2s on his TT and my other friend has Gaz ones on his Clio 172 and they completley transform the ride. The best thing is they are height adjustable and damper adjustable so at whatever stage you're not happy you can alter it. Where as with springs, its just what height and you ride you have, thats it!

Up2 u obviously, just telling you from my experience....

Thanks for the advice. I've had coilovers on prevoius cars with great results. But they do cost a fortune! How much were the KWs fitted? The H&R springs alone are £375 fitted. I'm not keeping the car for ages and it's only 6 months old so don't really want to bin the s-line dampers.

Oh right. How long are you keeping the car for? Arrange £1k fitted I think, you may findthe fitting cheaper elsewhere. £850ish for the coilovers....are your rims on ur car?

Ouch...that's not cheap! I'm probably not going to keep the car more than 12 months before upgrading to an A4 Avant for more space. Thinking of the 3.0TDI quattro.

Where did you get your KWs fitted?

I'm getting it done at the TT shop in Milton Keynes, I have a good relationship with them. I wouldn't even bother lowering at rimming my car if it was for 12 months. As my uncle says to me 'Do things properly, or don't do it at all'......i.e. Coilovers, Tie Bars, Alignment etc.....

But hey, your choice my man! Still looking forward to seeing the pics eitherway :icon_thumright:

DPM - how much should I be paying for springs + fitting then?

N8KOW - fair enough if you have the money for proper mods like coilovers but it's all relative. The quattro handles brilliantly (and that's coming from a V6 Clio as my last pre-baby car) so I don't personally see the need for improved dampers, it just needs a little lowering on the 19s. Plus the OEM sline dampers are almost new!

As for not bothering if I'm only keeping it 12 months (it may be longer), I'd sooner have it done and enjoy it. It's a TDI and family car after all, not a sports car - certainly better than driving around in a Scenic!