Chris NottAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18

    will these wheels fit on rear ???

    been looking at these on ebay but a bit worryed about them scrubbing on the back with them being 10inch wide any one had wheels that wide on the back of a 8p ??

    deep dish BROCK b4 alloys mercedes / audi / vw 5x112 - 18inch 8.5/9.5j + tyres | eBay

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18
    any one at all ???

  4. #3
    S3_Jacko's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,290
    www.willtheyfit.com

    Yes they will fit... but will be highly illegal without flaired arches
    Last edited by S3_Jacko; 10th October 2013 at 22:05.

  5. #4
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    www.willtheyfit.com

    Yes they will fit... but will be highly illegal without flaired arches
    so will need arch work and probly coilovers as my 18's rubbed when i had spaces on the back

  6. #5
    S3_Jacko's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by bigluke View Post
    so will need arch work and probly coilovers as my 18's rubbed when i had spaces on the back
    Yeah i'd imagine so... the thing is with them that any tread showing is illegal and the police will spot you a mile away with a rear track like that... and give you the notice to remove.. the thing is with that also... i'm sure that you can only widen the track by a maximum of 25mm from standard offset of chassis of its considered unsafe and also illegal... Your probably best speaking to your coil over supplier though, cos I dont know how much if any coilovers affect the standard offset... hope it goes well for you though.. would be a pretty cool and rare mod if its possible

  7. #6
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    Yeah i'd imagine so... the thing is with them that any tread showing is illegal and the police will spot you a mile away with a rear track like that... and give you the notice to remove.. the thing is with that also... i'm sure that you can only widen the track by a maximum of 25mm from standard offset of chassis of its considered unsafe and also illegal... Your probably best speaking to your coil over supplier though, cos I dont know how much if any coilovers affect the standard offset... hope it goes well for you though.. would be a pretty cool and rare mod if its possible
    coilover are more to stifen it up and set the light if you sore my 200sx theres almost no gap between the wheels and arch extensions but it only rubs at 180mph (on private roads) i wonder how much i can flair the arches and put 215/35/18 on front and 225/40/18 on there rears streched

  8. #7
    S3_Jacko's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by bigluke View Post
    coilover are more to stifen it up and set the light if you sore my 200sx theres almost no gap between the wheels and arch extensions but it only rubs at 180mph (on private roads) i wonder how much i can flair the arches and put 215/35/18 on front and 225/40/18 on there rears streched
    225's will be a severe stretch on a 10j... i'd go with 245's minimum if i'm honest.. when it comes to arches, i've no idea to be honest, i've never done it before, but you know yourself, we've all seen mod'd cars like that... but honestly best to get it done within legal boundries if the cars not just gonna be a show car..... cos nothing worse than spending all they ££££'s then some copper comes along and tells you to remove it all....

  9. #8
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18
    It's a daily drive really in to minds still don't want it to rub mot just got for 19's and drop it

  10. #9
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    113
    I've got 9.5 et 40 on the rear of mine and the wheel is pretty much level with the arch, at on offset of 25 the wheel would stick out by about 7mm, even with a 225 rim the arches still won't clear them, unless you run a few degrees of camber

  11. #10
    S3_Jacko's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,290
    I stuck 19's on mine to test... 8.5j's ET43... have a look at the thread and it'll give you an idea of where they sit with the arch alignment on 8p... before you check... my car still needs lowered lol

    Rims.... Need opinions on these guys.....

  12. #11
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18
    Very nice the fill the arches perfect what tyre size do you have on there ?

  13. #12
    S3_Jacko's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,290
    That was 225/35 19's but that was only a set of 8.5" rims

    ammeded... It was 35 sidewalls not 40's
    Last edited by S3_Jacko; 11th October 2013 at 20:14.

  14. #13
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18
    Cool I think I'm now swapping my 18incg s-line wheels for some new style 19inch rs4 copy's still in two mineds about coilivers or just springs had a lot of mk4 golfs and 8l a3 (I'm a car trader) always put them on coilovers as easyer to sell like that but I know they trash drive shafts and the rides harsh not driven a 8p with them on though

  15. #14
    S3_Jacko's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,290
    Yeah... Some coilovers are good... The H&R 1's get a good rep on here... Not that into it myself, springs will do me nicely

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Will these wheels fit?
    By Defratos in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25th January 2007, 21:11
  2. Will these wheels fit..... Please help.
    By Jaffa in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25th October 2006, 22:30
  3. will these wheels fit my 2.8 v6
    By 205man in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12th June 2006, 22:16
  4. Will these wheels fit my A3?
    By clcollins in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th November 2005, 18:47
  5. Will these wheels fit my 1998 A4 1.8 SE ???
    By manikm in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19th May 2004, 14:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO