AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Jonathan's A3 TDi Thread.

Diesel Power!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LaytonA3 View Post
    Got a link to them wheels mate? And where did you get the grill from?

Car's coming along nicely
    Thanks m8, wheels were from a seller on eBay called Hotline Wheels as far as I can remember – he is based in Manchester. Grill was bought from a guy in Leeds who was selling his car, but you can get them from eBay as well: AUDI A3 8P 2005-2008 BLACK HONEYCOMB DEBADGED SPORTS GRILL & BADGE HOLDER | eBay
    Baring in mind I had mine painted once I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorshprungdork View Post
    I love this car, would have to say I am not normally that keen on black having gone throgh a major phase of ownng nothing but black when I was younger but just love the subtle mods, scary though how closely our thought patterns/deas are moving, would think youv'e been peeking at my Facebook or something if it wasn't for the fact I am not on Facebook, weird!
    Keep up the good work.
    Thank you mate, lol im guessing you have modified your car/previous car with similar stuff? Get some photos in here so I can have a nosey :D
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

V-Maxx Coil overs | S3 Rear Spoiler | De Wiperd | TTRS Alloys | S3 Rear Bumper | S3 Side Skirts | Votex Front Spoiler | LED Ring in Fogs | LED Interior Lights | LED Number plate lights | Custom Foot well lights | DPF Removed | Green Cotton P/F | JBS Phase 2 | Pressed Plates | LED Side lights | Custom Rear Light tint | Complete Matt Black Plasti Dip | Honey Comb Front Grill | Silvertec Indicators | BOSE | Sunroof | Forge Short Shift

2. # ADS
    ADS

Diesel Power!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemc View Post
    You've made me buy one now! Is your spoiler a votex one? I sourced a full votex kit for around 200 but shipping was near 4-500 as it was from America
    Woops didnt see this question, No spoiler is a S3 moulding - AUDI A3/S3 ROOF SPOILER from 2003 3 doors NK-Tuning | eBay
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

V-Maxx Coil overs | S3 Rear Spoiler | De Wiperd | TTRS Alloys | S3 Rear Bumper | S3 Side Skirts | Votex Front Spoiler | LED Ring in Fogs | LED Interior Lights | LED Number plate lights | Custom Foot well lights | DPF Removed | Green Cotton P/F | JBS Phase 2 | Pressed Plates | LED Side lights | Custom Rear Light tint | Complete Matt Black Plasti Dip | Honey Comb Front Grill | Silvertec Indicators | BOSE | Sunroof | Forge Short Shift

Diesel Power!

Status
    Little update,

Have recently cracked my windscreen and was bumping the car yesturday after work due to a killed off battery!

Also working on some Footwell lights fed from interior light block, so no need to buy a Retro fit kit.

Stuck number plate onto front

Repairing glove box due to it snapping on the hinge

In process of replacing disks and pads, front and back,

Will get some photos up of where im up to asap (Y)
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Neutral

Status
    Looking really really nice! love the grill and the front spoiler

Diesel Power!

Status
    Windscreen;

When replaced I asked for a smoked sunbanner in the glass, a lot of cars come standard with this now tbh...

Seen as I had such a **** week decided it was time to buy S3 Rear bumper and S3 Side skirts!

Fitted rear bumper;

Then fit side skirts,

Before:

After:

Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Diesel Power!

Status
    Decided to take on the Plasti Dip challange! after umming and arring about it i did it!

Used Matt Pack down in Essex and dealt with Alan.

I have some more pics to come but this is one i took when i pulled it owt of the warhouse!

AudiSBE likes this.
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathaan View Post
    Decided to take on the Plasti Dip challange! after umming and arring about it i did it!

Used Matt Pack down in Essex and dealt with Alan.

I have some more pics to come but this is one i took when i pulled it owt of the warhouse!

Looks very nice mate, im about to plastidip mine soon
    A3 8P 2.0TDI 140 Sport | Blue | Full Leather Heated Seat | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | | Nav | Xenons |
    Mods | 18" Rotiform Staggered | Tinted Windows | S3 Spoiler | 2009 S-Line t Rear | Front Chin Spoiler | Wind Deflectors | Re-Map |
    | MY11 Lights | S3 Side Skirts | Private Number Plate | Milltek Exhaust | S Line Gear knob

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status

A lad from my road had that s3
    For Sale
    climate control (double din non chrome)
    Black roof lining (sportback)
    pm me for more info..

BBM: 28E07323

My Panoramic RetroFit

Reverse Gear

Status
    car looks great mate, did you have to make any adjustments for the rear s3 bumper to go on ?

Diesel Power!

Status
    Nope, no adjustments at all. Simply pulled mine off and put the S3 one on
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Neutral

Status
    Love the car mate, plastidip is not my taste though, although has to be said your car looks sweet!

Diesel Power!

Status
    Little update from last time had full service and timing belt done, upon service found that my bloody coilovers are leaking! so ordered some JOMs from DPM. Also my top mounts are nocking and creaking there tits off so bought new ones of them! Cracked my windscreen,,, AGAIN! so going to replace that soon. Also re sprayed rear view mirror black as apose to the horrible cream that it was.

Got round to removing the PlastiDip at the weekend aswell, will be uploading the videos to YouTube tonight (y) VERY impressed with the Dip though, as you will all know there is many many horror storys!
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Neutral

Status
    Little update from last time had full service and timing belt done, upon service found that my bloody coilovers are leaking! so ordered some JOMs from DPM. Also my top mounts are nocking and creaking there tits off so bought new ones of them! Cracked my windscreen,,, AGAIN! so going to replace that soon. Also re sprayed rear view mirror black as apose to the horrible cream that it was.

Got round to removing the PlastiDip at the weekend aswell, will be uploading the videos to YouTube tonight (y) VERY impressed with the Dip though, as you will all know there is many many horror storys!
    Are you removing it because it's beginning to get grubby due to wear and tear or just because you want to go back to stock paint?
    “Whiskey, like a beautiful woman, demands appreciation. You gaze first, then it's time to drink.”
    Haruki Murakami, Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

Diesel Power!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by y2kcurran View Post
    Are you removing it because it's beginning to get grubby due to wear and tear or just because you want to go back to stock paint?
    It was in just as good a condition as when i applied it, there was a few scuffs on it from getting in and owt but the colour was the same. I removed it because i have a few people wanting their car doing, and im sure you wil know it is still a big dispute as to wether PlastiDip pulls off laqure/paint... i wanted to make sure this DIDNT happen before re spraying peoples pride and joy
    y2kcurran likes this.
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Stationary

Status
    looks good, I like what you have done & the TTRS reps suit it!
    2012 A3 Tdi 170 S Line Black Edition

Diesel Power!

Status
    Thanks, video of removing dip, takes a while to get going as i didnt know the best way to take it off at first :P

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c...&v=PJTkbr45wG0
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Diesel Power!

Status
    Another update:

Had my JOM coilovers fitted with new top mounts and bearings, new gear linkage and finally got FORGE short shift fitted.

Blimy i know its early days but these coil overs are far better ride than the VMAXX i had - i am yet to fine adjust them to the correct height but so far i am extremely impressed with the kit.

Also fit my new Audi A5 Black edition front seats

Didnt wire any of the heating/adjustments up just simply swopped air bag connectors over and altered the frame - will upload pics when i get home.
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Diesel Power!

Status
    * And iv jumped on the Private Plate band wagon :P *
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Diesel Power!

Status
    Coilys in desperate need of setting up! Can you belive we added the helper spring to the back and its lower than VMAXX, front adjusters were set to same position and miles higher

A5 Seats, giving them a quick clean with some diluted APC;

Now the seats, Remove x4 securing screws from all corners;

Remove air bag connector plug,

Lift seat out,

Driver and Passenger,

Passenger Passenger,

Remove the securing dowel from the A5 seat,

A3 Air bag connector,

A5 Air bag connector,

Chopped A3 Air bag connector off and bared back wires,

Connected the spliced wires with chocolate blocks and insulated,

Passenger passenger,

Fitted,

No Air bag warning light,

A3 drivers seat slightly difference as it has the beep if you dont have your belt on, so there is an additional cable which sorts all this out,

Simply unplugged the seat belt cable from A3 Seat,

Plugged it directly into A5 Seat, seat belt alarm,

A5 air bag plug which needs removing,

Removed and A3 added,

Both seats in,

Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Diesel Power!

Status
    Coilys in desperate need of setting up! Can you belive we added the helper spring to the back and its lower than VMAXX, front adjusters were set to same position and miles higher

A5 Seats, giving them a quick clean with some diluted APC;

Now the seats, Remove x4 securing screws from all corners;

Remove air bag connector plug,

Lift seat out,

Driver and Passenger,

Passenger Passenger,

Remove the securing dowel from the A5 seat,

A3 Air bag connector,

A5 Air bag connector,

Chopped A3 Air bag connector off and bared back wires,

Connected the spliced wires with chocolate blocks and insulated,

Passenger passenger,

Fitted,

No Air bag warning light,

A3 drivers seat slightly difference as it has the beep if you dont have your belt on, so there is an additional cable which sorts all this out,

Simply unplugged the seat belt cable from A3 Seat,

Plugged it directly into A5 Seat, seat belt alarm,

A5 air bag plug which needs removing,

Removed and A3 added,

Both seats in,

Jay.Ing likes this.
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Diesel Power!

Status
    Also sprayed interior mirror black in between all this messing about

Plate,

Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Diesel Power!

Status
    Currently got rear seats and arm rest with an upholsterer.

Just need to get another bloody windscreen now!
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Diesel Power!

Status
    Adjusted suspesnion over weekend, graduly winding the front down to get it sat just above the tyre.... ended up having to wind it all the way down to achieve this. Will upload some pics when i fix my laptop
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

3rd Gear

Status
    Looking good

I wasn't too keen on the plastidip, and you almost got a kicking when I saw the S3 badge... until I realised that wasn't your car. Is it just me, though, or does the paint look a bit dull since you removed the dip? It may just be the photo.

Loving the RS Reps, she's looking like a dropped Black Edition for the most part now.
    Ibis White A3 Sportback Black Edition.
    2.0 TDI (170) Quattro
    Pics

Diesel Power!

Status
    Thank you, and regarding paint work its because before i dipped it i used a wax/sealent stripper to take it back to just paint to help the plasti dip adhere. From taking it off i havnt had opportunity to get some nice polish,glaze and wax on it
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Neutral

Status
    Those seats though
    “Whiskey, like a beautiful woman, demands appreciation. You gaze first, then it's time to drink.”
    Haruki Murakami, Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

2nd Gear

Status
    good seats i fitted a set to a vw caddy yours look heated??
    2006 8P Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sportback SE / 2013 8V Audi A3 1.6 TDI Sportback

Diesel Power!

Status
    Yes the seats are lovely!

They are indeed heated but non of the wiring is wired up
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

2nd Gear

Status
    Lookin good as usual mate, what exactly do you have against windscreens??

1st Gear

Status
    Nice work buddy

Neutral

Status
    hmmmmm.your dad called steve?.if so he bought my old tommi mak in some of your 1st pics

2nd Gear

Status
    Really enjoyed reading through this thread. Quite a tidy A3 you have there now mate! Some of the things I wouldnt have done but its all a personal thing at the end of the day! Very tidy car.

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / Revo PCV Revamp / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

Diesel Power!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorshprungdork View Post
    Lookin good as usual mate, what exactly do you have against windscreens??
    Cheers fella, hows yours getting on? And don’t get me started on the windscreen situation lol… its becoming part of the regular service lol. Hi can I have some oil, filters, and a windscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pumpa View Post
    Nice work buddy
    Thanks m8

Quote Originally Posted by rsdub View Post
    hmmmmm.your dad called steve?.if so he bought my old tommi mak in some of your 1st pics
    Now then m8! No that isn’t my dads motor, was his mates… but yeah he was called Steve. Such a lovely car that evo! He has now sold it to a guy from Ireland as far as im aware.

Quote Originally Posted by s3_trev View Post
    Really enjoyed reading through this thread. Quite a tidy A3 you have there now mate! Some of the things I wouldnt have done but its all a personal thing at the end of the day! Very tidy car.
    Thank you, and yeah its all about the Marmite
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Only just had time to have a real good look through this tread. You are a bad man! I have just spent to last 30 mins on eBay looking for S3 bumpers and skirts. Your car looks gorgeous with the kit on it compared to the factory bits.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine's fine, not much difference sine we last spoke, Scottish winter and modifying don't go well together.

Diesel Power!

Status
    oops, didnt see these posts lol...

Cheers Westy, and it does totaly transform the car once the S3 bits are on!

Graeme, good stuff! and yeah i can imagine it getting pretty rough up there lol... Hoping you have big plans for her this year though
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Diesel Power!

Status
    Little update on mine aswell whilst im online, have had all 5 windows tinted, limo black back, lighter rears and one above legal on front. Got a nice blend going on will have to stick some pictures up!

And car is in paint shop getting repaired as had a little bump
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Andy1608's Youtube Channel
    Good write up on this thread. Great job you've done.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Any more info on the roof spoiler? I'm looking at the same one on ebay, did the lights go in alright?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12