> Re: Audi A3
> Case No:
>
>
> Message:
>
> Dear Mr Mann
>
> Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding the Audi A3.
>
> I hope you find the following information of use to you.
>
> Vehicles will be subject to a price increase with effect from
> production week 22.
>
> The following items will become part of the standard specification on
> A3 3
> door:-
> Single frame grille
> Adoption of new generation steering wheel programme as in A3 Sportback
> Seatbelt reminder New key design as with A6 Comfort improvement for
> rear seats, reduction in luggage capacity by 20 litres when seats are
> folded down Autolock door locking mechanism at > 10mph Brushed
> aluminium inlays on S-Line models Enhanced ESP system which aids the
> driver through steering weight adjustment while under braking on loose
> or slippery surfaces
>
> The following items are deleted from standard specification:-
>
> Grey sun shade band in windscreen
> Rear roof spoiler on S-Line models
> Piano Varnish inlays (S Line models only)
>
> Changes to optional equipment are as follows:-
>
> Rain and light sensor pack now includes Grey sun shade band in
> windscreen Sport seats are now also available in Fine Nappa Leather in
> Black, Light Grey and Red.
> Vienna leather is no longer available in Red
>
> If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to
> contact me on the number below.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Isobel Hickman
> Customer Service Manager
> 0800 699 888
>
>
>

***************************************************************************************

Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited
Registered Office: Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN Registered in England No: 514809

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and it may be privileged.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material immediately.

***************************************************************************************

Which looks best Brushed or Medial Inlays?

Sounds like a step backwards to me.
nice one Audi!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

I quite like the sounds of it imho...

Very American but nice.

THe new Key, ding dong belts all new to me.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
no rear spoiler!?!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Could this be in preparation for the arrival of a S3 / RS3? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no rear spoiler!?!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Could this be in preparation for the arrival of a S3 / RS3? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, just so Audi can fleece another £200 out of ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Think I'll be sticking with my 04 S-Line then.

Reduction in luggage capacity by 20 litres! No rear spoiler! never sit in the back so don't need comfort rear seat like the A6, the A3 is not a limo! Its a sporty hatchback!

Don't need reminding to put me seat belt! Don't want the doors locking over 10mph.

If I want Aluminium inlay, I'll order it!

And they want us to pay more for it.
Oh Audi, what have you done, steps backwards.

Reckon the product manager for A3's in the UK needs a little guidance!

[ QUOTE ]
> Vehicles will be subject to a price increase with effect from
production week 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean price rise for orders placed after week 22 or just vehicles built after week 22????

Thinking of ordering a new A3 but dont want it till Sept...

I didn't realise deletion of rear spolier, its actually better for me because the votex one stick out further which I like.

Dave

The seat belt warning will drive you mad. Mine goes off even if I have a newspaper on the passenger seat. Frigging thing is driving me nuts.

The only good thing which benefits me is the new SFG and ESP II off the Golf GTI.

I want the Spoiler, look like a votex again which I actually prefer but I will be paying a tad more now.

Secondly the sun band deleted and added to rain sensor pack, whats going on there then? 26k and no sun band WTF, good job I ordered Rain pack then.

Dave, Only thing to worry about is spoiler and price increase which is negiotable anyways.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
The seat belt warning will drive you mad. Mine goes off even if I have a newspaper on the passenger seat. Frigging thing is driving me nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more cupramax, my wife's Corolla has it and it drives my crazy.

I always tend to put my seat belt on as I drive away from our house, whilst trundling over the speed bumps - I don't know why, just habit. But I know what I'm doing, I start to put my seat belt on and then beeeep .... beeeep .... beeeeeeeeeeeppppp!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

If i had it on my car I would be tempted to try some re-wiring!

hehe ye, WHen are the UK cars likely to arrive? End of July/Begin August IMO, but what are yours?

I am annoyed about the spoiler for some reason, there is no need to get rid of this. Pay enough as it is... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Dave

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be turned on, on present models using VAG COM anyway, so i'm sure it can be turned off on SFG models also.

Mine is a 2005 model 3 door and I have the annoying seatbelt beep so that's not new. I added autolocking at the PDI, I would NOT have been happy if my car had arrived without the spoiler and as for the new key, has anyone used one? I have and it doesn't feel anywhere near as good quality as the one Audi have been using for years.

A real step back and yet another cost cutting exercise.

Bah.

[ QUOTE ]
Mine is a 2005 model 3 door and I have the annoying seatbelt beep so that's not new. I added autolocking at the PDI, I would NOT have been happy if my car had arrived without the spoiler and as for the new key, has anyone used one? I have and it doesn't feel anywhere near as good quality as the one Audi have been using for years.

A real step back and yet another cost cutting exercise.

Bah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the new key look like, anybody with pics please.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't need reminding to put me seat belt! Don't want the doors locking over 10mph.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of these things are damned annoying in my sportback,especially the auto door locking.

I often collect my daughter from the childminder and leave the engine running in her drive.
When you go to open the back door,it's locked.
You then have to walk round,open the driver's door and unlock the rest of the doors using the button beside the door handle.
Very very annoying with a 2 year old in one arm and a toy Josie Jump from Balamory in the other.

I suppose from another point of view,I have the reassurance that my wife and daughter are safer when I'm not in the car with them.

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly the sun band deleted and added to rain sensor pack, whats going on there then?

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.
What use is a ****** Sun Band in the rain!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Which looks best Brushed or Medial Inlays?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Medial are nice but Brushed looks better! And as for seat belt warning it's annoying but mine doesn't work for the passenger seat - should it be installed for the 3dr????

[ QUOTE ]
[I often collect my daughter from the childminder and leave the engine running in her drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job you have Josie Jump to fend off would-be car jackers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

There's also this from the UK Audi site:

05.05.2005 NEW LOOK FOR 2006 THREE-DOOR AUDI A3 RANGE

Styling revisions and detail changes enhance the latest three-door A3 range.

Three-door A3 adopts single frame grille in line with 5-door A3 Sportback, and benefits from sports suspension revisions, a new optional S line exterior styling upgrade and new wheel choices
Available to order from Friday April 29 at OTR prices ranging from £15,515 to £24,130 for first deliveries in July

The striking single frame grille that symbolises the latest Audi corporate look extends its reach to three-door versions of the best-selling A3 compact hatchback from this month, bringing the 19 models in the three-door range into line with their five-door Sportback counterparts.

Benefiting from suspension and steering enhancements, new alloy wheel choices and additional S line sports styling options, the 2006 Model Year A3 range is available to order now with OTR prices ranging from £15,515 to £24,130. First deliveries to UK customers are expected in July.

The new look A3 is available with a choice of seven engines, three transmissions and three trim levels - standard, comfort-biased SE and Sport, the latter offering the option to upgrade to an even more distinctly sporting S line specification for an additional £1,000. Unlike the previous model, the latest A3 also offers customers choosing the S line option the opportunity to go one step further by adding unique S line sports styling for a supplement of £950.

Exclusive S line features include 18-inch, RS 6-style 5 Arm alloy wheels, S line badging for the side panels and sill strips, leather and Speed cloth upholstered sports seats and a perforated leather-trimmed S line sports steering wheel in a new design for this latest A3. Taking the S line theme to the next level, the new additional £950 styling option adds a unique S line front and rear bumper design and a roof spoiler to subtly enhance the look.

A3 Sport and S line models now also feature a revised sports suspension with modified spring and damper settings designed to further improve ride comfort and handling agility.

The existing full complement of safety features has been further enhanced by a new steering aid built into the Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) which senses an impending skid and monitors the driver's response. If the driver's steering inputs are helping to bring the car back on course, the weight of the steering is reduced, but if there is a risk of those inputs worsening the situation, steering resistance is increased.

Audi hill hold assist - an optional new feature that can also be programmed into the latest ESP system - offers extra convenience and added safety by preventing the vehicle from rolling backwards on an uphill incline. Brake pressure built up when the foot brake is applied is maintained for a short while after the brake is released on a gradient. The brake is released as soon as a gear is engaged.

Of the seven advanced engines making up the latest A3 range, three employ the latest FSI direct petrol injection for an optimum combination of strong performance, impressively low fuel consumption and minimal CO2 emissions, the most recent being the exceptionally responsive turbo charged 2.0 T FSI with 200PS. The line-up also includes two four-cylinder engines delivering the economy benefits of TDI diesel technology with no shortage of performance, and at the forefront a remarkable 250PS 3.2-litre V6 petrol unit with 250PS for outright performance enthusiasts.

Other major advantages of the A3 range include the quattro permanent four-wheel-drive system, which brings significant traction and safety gains to 2.0 T FSI, 2.0 TDI and 3.2 V6 models, and the widely acclaimed Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG), also available in conjunction with these engines. DSG offers all the advantages of a sporting close ratio manual gearbox and a slick shifting automatic, with none of the negative aspects of either. Featuring twin automated clutches, it permits exceptionally rapid, 0.02 second manual gear changes, yet it can also behave like a more traditional automatic shift for more relaxed urban driving.

[ QUOTE ]

Good job you have Josie Jump to fend off would-be car jackers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey,I don't mind admitting I get bored of cars so quickly that I wouldn't make much of a fuss at a car-jacking.
I'd already be planning what to buy with the insurance settlement !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

So it does have body styling including the all important boot lid spoiler!

This part sounds interesting..

Taking the S line theme to the next level, the new additional £950 styling option adds a unique S line front and rear bumper design and a roof spoiler to subtly enhance the look.

The new key looks very much like the key to my wife's new VW Polo....

... and it also looks identical to the key I have for the new Golf I'm currently driving.

X009.jpg

The Golf locking system has one feature I find irritating but which may be useful to others - the unlock button only unlocks the driver's door. you have to "plip" twice to unlock all doors. Thing is, the buttons are inset and don't seem ergonmically suited to a double-plip. Not sure if this carries through to the new Audis. I'm reasonably sure the 3 demos I've had (2 Sportbacks and a new style A4 S-line) didn't behave in this way so maybe it's just VW specific.

[ QUOTE ]
... and it also looks identical to the key I have for the new Golf I'm currently driving.

X009.jpg

The Golf locking system has one feature I find irritating but which may be useful to others - the unlock button only unlocks the driver's door. you have to "plip" twice to unlock all doors. Thing is, the buttons are inset and don't seem ergonmically suited to a double-plip. Not sure if this carries through to the new Audis. I'm reasonably sure the 3 demos I've had (2 Sportbacks and a new style A4 S-line) didn't behave in this way so maybe it's just VW specific.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, VW set them up this way, but it can be prorammed via VAG COM on all VAG models for one touch or duble touch operation.

The VW key just doesn't look right does it....

There is a slight difference the audi key has a different bottom on it, VW ones have the var accross the botton of the key, Audi's have a loop in the corner...

I liked the single blip/door opening on all my golfs. Haven't got round to changing the convinience feature on my Audi yet.

J.

Suppose it's what you get used to really. Audi Rule!!!!

I don't like the S-Line add-On, the front looks awesome but I prefer the SFG and Votex Combo.

DaveA3 Turbo

You mention the front looking awesome with the s-line add on? Have you seen the revised bumpers somewhere then? I am trying to source some pics of it but not found any. Anything you can share?

Thanks

DaveA3Turbo

2nd link for the rear view doesn't work, can you re post pls.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry My Bad...

Rear Again!!!!

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh, me likee, never did like the votex rear. Are they Audi's version of the BBS CH's ?. Are they 18's ?.

I really don't know, I they they are audis and they wuld be 18"s because audi wouldn't offer another 3rd party brand I reckon. Also with S-Line it's more than likely you get 18's

Dave

I like the Extra S-Line but I do Prefer Votex, It fits brilliantly and it looks very agressive.

I think that looks great but if you buy an s line why should you then have to buy the s line bodykit, makes no sense.