JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

factory s line wheels to replicas, madness?

I'm collecting my 07 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 DSG tonight.

It's Lava Grey and has the multispoke s line alloys(which are around £2k from Audi)

http://www.brownroyd.co.uk/media/ima...1301156473.JPG

They look well but I prefer the RS6 style 5 spoke A3 s line alloys.

http://www.wheelworx.net/skins/alloy...300&h=200&zc=1

Would it be mad to change from factory to replica in terms of weight, construction, potential buckling etc?

Also would the existing factory alloys have a good residual value? the P Zero Rossos have very little thread on them.

thanks in advance

Paul

killingpaolo's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

some beats from summer

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Yes they do have value if they're aren't in need of a refurbishment, that said even if they were some people on here like them, i think they are called 'Speedlines', me personally - not a fan.

Replica wheels is all down to personal choice, some say stay away, some don't have a problem with it, from my experience if you are going to get replica wheels, make sure you are 100% that you think they wheel will suit the car, recently i bought some RS4 style (the newer ones), fitted to the car, but i just wasn't happy with them so ended up buying some more S-line wheels and getting them powder coated sparkle silver.

Did you get a good deal at Brownroyd? Have you been dealing with Adam?
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AidenUK View Post
    Yes they do have value if they're aren't in need of a refurbishment, that said even if they were some people on here like them, i think they are called 'Speedlines', me personally - not a fan.

Replica wheels is all down to personal choice, some say stay away, some don't have a problem with it, from my experience if you are going to get replica wheels, make sure you are 100% that you think they wheel will suit the car, recently i bought some RS4 style (the newer ones), fitted to the car, but i just wasn't happy with them so ended up buying some more S-line wheels and getting them powder coated sparkle silver.

Did you get a good deal at Brownroyd? Have you been dealing with Adam?
    Thanks for the reply.

I only put that add up as I'd no link to my car, I'm actually buying the car in Dublin although like all well spec'd cars in Ireland it was imported form the UK a year ago.

I know what you're saying abou the style but I've alway been a fan of the understated Audi S line looks hence the RS6 spoke I think is a safe bet and looks very well on any A3 I've seen here.

Those wheels, sat nav and factory bluetooth and it'll be savage!

flying oyster

Status
    love speedlines
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

5th Gear

Status
    speedlines are miles better dude, 2 piece genuine bbs wheels :-) but back to your question as its your opinion entirely you could sell your speedline for good money and buy some genuine s line wheels which you posted up.

I sold my original s line wheels for like 250 for 4 and bought my speedlines for 310.
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan View Post
    speedlines are miles better dude, 2 piece genuine bbs wheels :-) but back to your question as its your opinion entirely you could sell your speedline for good money and buy some genuine s line wheels which you posted up.

I sold my original s line wheels for like 250 for 4 and bought my speedlines for 310.
    sounds good, any ideas on where is best to get the RS6 style five spoke speedlines in the UK or Ireland?

5th Gear

Status
    Ebay, Also if your selling your oem speedlines! I may even have you a buyer as my close friend really wants 18 speedlines like mine.

The ones below look a tad expensive but i guess its the tyres, More sets will come up tho and wheels only
    you can pick them up for a good bargain.

genuine original AUDI A3 A4 S3 S4 S line 18" alloy wheels and 7mm tyres x4 | eBay
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan View Post
    Ebay, Also if your selling your oem speedlines! I may even have you a buyer as my close friend really wants 18 speedlines like mine.

The ones below look a tad expensive but i guess its the tyres, More sets will come up tho and wheels only
    you can pick them up for a good bargain.

genuine original AUDI A3 A4 S3 S4 S line 18" alloy wheels and 7mm tyres x4 | eBay
    They look spot on!

Picked it up this evening, weird sensation as it's the first non performance car I've ever bought(baby arriving in Dec) but as a family car it really has everything, usual Audi build quality, loads of low down torque, effortless cruising with DSG and just a beautifully proportioned car.

I'll put up some picks in a separate thread asap

thanks for the advice

MPG the new BPH

Status
    speed lines are the second best audi wheels

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    sorry for the newbie question but do Speedline actually make the Audi factory rims?

2nd Gear

Status
    I've got OEM rs6 wheels (the 5 spoke ones you're wanting) currently on my car. Recently had them powder coated titanium. I'm looking to change to either speedlines or pescaras. Just thought I'd throw that out there
    the crisis mobile BMW Z4C 3.0
    It's quick and it sounds bloody good.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1inchpunch View Post
    I've got OEM rs6 wheels (the 5 spoke ones you're wanting) currently on my car. Recently had them powder coated titanium. I'm looking to change to either speedlines or pescaras. Just thought I'd throw that out there
    Sounds good, can you post a picture?

2nd Gear

Status
    Pics of them on my car near the bottom of this link. http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...-a3-s3-59.html I can take a better close up of just the wheels tomorrow.

On a journey...

Status
    If I still had my old S-Line, I would have swapped them for your multispokes! As it is, I don't think they suit a red S3 Sportback.

They are lovely wheels - I'd keep them personally.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic (2010) - Brilliant Red
    Technology Pack (RNSE 2, Bluetooth, 6-CD stack), BOSE, roof rails, 2 child seats and 310bhp

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Haven't mods banned the word "Replica" yet?

1st Gear

Status
    i found a set of A4 S line RS6 18" alloys at a good price

8.0J x 18 H2 ET43, made by RONAL

I've read on other threads that the ET43 offest fills the arches more.

Would they go onto a 2007 2.0 TDI s line Sportback without any problems?

Alos am I rightin thinking Ronal are the genuine manufacturer?

thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    Sounds like they are the ones of the A4.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1inchpunch View Post
    Sounds like they are the ones of the A4.
    yeah they were from an a4, all academic as they're sold!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    Would would the best ones be?!! (careful how you answer this one!!! haha)

Neutral

Status
    I'm actually thinking of doing the same...but opposite....changing my original 18" RS6's, for rep speedlines believe it or not.
    Only thing is that they need a refurb, I'd be getting them done by nuluk up the north. I'd be getting the reps of alloy-wheels in blanch if I was to do it.

I'd do a swap with you but my problem would be how to get them done while still being able to drive the car
    2005 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDI DSG S-line
    2012 Skoda Yeti 1.6TDI Greenline II Elegance

1st Gear

Status
    PM me if you want to swap your speedlines for my s line rs6 style oem wheels paul
    A3 2.0TDi 170 S Line Brilliant Black

Plans: FBMFSW, RNSE MkII, S3 Diffuser and Skirts, OEM Bi-Xenon

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by zippyijk View Post
    I'm actually thinking of doing the same...but opposite....changing my original 18" RS6's, for rep speedlines believe it or not.
    Only thing is that they need a refurb, I'd be getting them done by nuluk up the north. I'd be getting the reps of alloy-wheels in blanch if I was to do it.

I'd do a swap with you but my problem would be how to get them done while still being able to drive the car
    What do you think of the replicas in Blanch? seem good value, any feedback on quality etc?

cheers

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paultaylor View Post
    What do you think of the replicas in Blanch? seem good value, any feedback on quality etc?

cheers
    The ones that I've seen in the metal have been very good, a mate has a set of RS4's for over a year and they're still good as new. The big test for them was the bad winter we had last year and they came out better than my originals
    As for the place themselves I got my tyres and h&r cup kit fitted by them out there, Keith is a sound lad very helpful.
    Well worth dropping in just to check them out yourself.
    2005 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDI DSG S-line
    2012 Skoda Yeti 1.6TDI Greenline II Elegance