S3 Tyres

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need 4 new tyres on my S3 in the 225/40 18 size, but looking at a budget of around £400-£450 fitted. Can anyone recommned any? I've used Goodyear F1's before which I really liked. Not impressed with the Sportcontact's fitted at the mo, and they have only lasted 9,000 miles! Though I do give the car some hammer!

Cheers :beerchug:

check out costco, 20% off michelin pilot sports... my mate got a set on his s3 from there, i think he paid 440.00 fitted all in

check out costco, 20% off michelin pilot sports... my mate got a set on his s3 from there, i think he paid 440.00 fitted all in

That is cheap for pilot sports!! I paid £560 fitted. Last year though.

£400 is not much of a budget for tyres for a performance car, you will be struggling.
I'd check costco out tho at that price, love my PS2's!

Will check out costco. Seen Falken F452 at £360 fitted. Looks to have good reviews??

Falken 452 are not bad tbh. Good for the money compared to others though.

I have 452's on my stage2+ must say im very impressed with the performance for the money

452's a re good for the money, check out toyo t1-r's also better than the falken.

Pirelli P Zero Nero are Quality and perhaps manageable for you Budget.

Pirelli P Zero also wear out very very quickly!!!

Toyo T1-R's are CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! End of story.
Never had 452's before but they are ment to be good value but you get what you pay for in the end.
Eagle F1 Ays as a minimum quality for an S3 I would say or whats the point in having the car?
Fur coat and no drawers.

Cheers guys going for 452's. Will report back with feedback :)

Be interested to find out how you get along, heard the 452s wear pretty quickly and are a definate compromise in terms of quality.

Personally I'd have splashed out on some Constisport 3s/Pilot Sport 3s/Eagle F1 asymm 2s for an S3, it deserves a decent set.