S3 tyres

The road legal Toyo's will serve you well Alex .

Like any , a few warm up laps to get heat into them , then go for it .

I binned the R1Rs....to be honest their wet grip was actually worse than the R888s.....

If your buying 2 sets then why not just buy some slicks for your track days ?

Im not buying 2 sets I cant justify it or afford it to be honest. The car is primarily a road car. I think im going to give the Nankang NS2R a go in the hard compound and see what happens.

My latest boots for the Westfield, better in the wet than the old 888's. Also supposed to be harder compound and last longer. In 2 wet trackdays I found them better than the old ones. They are R888R's so may be better suited to heavier cars such as the S3.

Reactions: S3Alex
My latest boots for the Westfield, better in the wet than the old 888's. Also supposed to be harder compound and last longer. In 2 wet trackdays I found them better than the old ones. They are R888R's so may be better suited to heavier cars such as the S3.

On my spring/summer list already.

There was quite a delay in getting all the sizes out on sale,but the spec looked good,and your endorsement makes them a cert.
Many thanks.

Thanks very much.

I think the 245 x 40 x 18 sizing came out late last year,and I really didn't fancy sticking them on for winter!
I loved the R888s anyway,so an improved version will be something to look forwards to.

After the exhaust and the ECU are sorted......

Thanks very much.

I think the 245 x 40 x 18 sizing came out late last year,and I really didn't fancy sticking them on for winter!
I loved the R888s anyway,so an improved version will be something to look forwards to.

After the exhaust and the ECU are sorted......
How did you get 245's on your motor ?

Does it rub at all now ? Cos I assume you rims are 8J and then you have had to add spacers with your ap calipers ?

No spacers.

If I bit a bump especially hard at speed,the rear will rub for a second,but nothing more.

AMD did a really good job of making that lot fit and work.

Reactions: Smirky