Induction kit for a 1.8T

i have a carbonio CAI. looks and sounds great. bit pricey tho so id say try ebay if i had the choice again. some are going as cheap as £70

Generally the standard air box is fine and wont cause you any issues. However if you want noise the go for a cone or BMC etc, however there are discussions as to whether or not they are any good.

I ran a green panel filter in my stock airbox for ages and its been spot on, little bit more noise.

I've been running a cone filter set up the last couple of weeks just to see if the rumours are true...to be honest I cant tell any difference. There is an 'anti cone' debate that they just suck up hot air from the engine bay but I've not had any issues so far (but its not summer!). If and when the weather gets better and the cone causes any issues I'll lob the standard airbox back on with the panel filter in it :)

Oh and there was some convincing debate that BMC's etc actually restrict things a bit too.

So really its panel filter or open cone IMO.

Ta, I was wondering about just getting a panel filter, where did you get yours from?

I think it was direct from them. If you google Green Cotton Filters it'll come up :)

Previous experience of BMCs and they were atrocious. The reason for the noise was probably the amount of restriction they caused. They are pretty cheap in terms of build quality as well. Stay well clear.

nobody likes a carbonio anymore? the noise it makes is mental!

Is there any graphed data to say bmc are ****? at least they use real carbon fibre! ive used them for years and not had any problems, i think the quality is fine too....although they are expensive for a filter
would you say they are **** if they were £50?

probably would as then it would be "get what you pay for" "Cheap = buy twice etc lol"

I dont have a graph to prove but when I got my car remaped, the BMC was causing restrictions. When the kit was taken off and clean air pumped into the system the car was making more than 7bhp ontop of the already 70 odd bhp id already gained.

>>Ryan