S3 First Aid Kit - Who's Got One??

ash_s3

Reaction score
Just been flicking through the S3 owner's manual and apparently they're supposed to come with a first aid kit that sits under the flap inside the glovebox.
Neither of my S3s have had them, has anyone got one?
Wouldn't mind getting one as they're pretty handy to have.
Had a look on ebay but dont know which one mine is supposed to come with, is it long and red or squarish and black??

Cheers

Ash

The two kits on ebay.

9b8b_1.JPG

4838_1.JPG

I'd be tempted to say the black one wouldn't fit. So if the red one fits under the flap in the glove box Its a pretty small/pointless glove box

i thought it'd be the red one too, will have to have a measure up in the morning.
the glove box on the S3 is crap! cant get much in it at all

Yeah its the red one although the glovebox is not an ideal fit. Keep it in the boot.

the red one fits the seat drawer i think , but do S3 seats have drawers ?

Rob

Germanic car, it be the law to carry one over there. The black one looks more like the 'standard' style.

surely it would be better to fit the 1st aid kit in the boot, leaving the glovebox space for something used more often?

jonS3 said:
surely it would be better to fit the 1st aid kit in the boot, leaving the glovebox space for something used more often?

the glovebox has a lid in it, and you lift that lid up and the first aid kit should fit in there... leaving the glovebox free for your gloves :)

You big girl.....what do you want a first aid kit for !!!!!!!

PS, i do actually have one myself lol

1animal1 said:
You big girl.....what do you want a first aid kit for !!!!!!!

PS, i do actually have one myself lol

Ha! You never know mate!
Is yours an Audi one?? What does it look like?

S POT said:
I thought the under the flap glovebox storage was for the service book?

Nah that goes somewhere else mate!!

I have a full BMW one that I chavved, actually put it inside that thing that your meant to keep the 1litre topup oil thing in and velcroed it in my boot.

I like to keeps sweets in my glove box for my female passengers, nice for them to have something to suck on ;)

na Ash, mine is from my old astra..... keep it in the boot, in the compartment opposite side to the bass box

ive taken my books out of this one, they dont sem to fit anywhere....actually.....will they fit in the door??

The Standard one for the S3 is the long red one. It does Just about fit under the flap in the glove box,ebay is the way forward. Remember though Kits have a shelf life!! A brand spanker would be best!
I have one in mine. Loads of space left for Gloves, Cocaine possibly even a couple of immigrants whatever you need really.
:nyah:

S3 Dave said:
The Standard one for the S3 is the long red one. It does Just about fit under the flap in the glove box,ebay is the way forward. Remember though Kits have a shelf life!! A brand spanker would be best!
I have one in mine. Loads of space left for Gloves, Cocaine possibly even a couple of immigrants whatever you need really.
:nyah:

any idea how much they are form audi? silly money probably!

grathies said:
Im ******** if mine will fit in there! Ive got no extra booklets in there and it literally wont go in!

Mine was a squeeze (and that's with the radio manual and original breakdown cover booklet etc) but now it's been in there a few years it slides in and out a treat when needed. It's not done the leather any favours though!

S POT said:
I thought the under the flap glovebox storage was for the service book?

I'd heard that car thieves absolutely loved finding the service book with the car, which is why mine is kept indoors.

Just to join the discussion I've got a first aid kit that lives in the boot cubby hole - means you can get a cheap one that probably contains more stuff than the audi one as there's more space.

I fill the under flap space with all the tat you normally have in a glovebox so that it's sort of hidden and leave the empty glovebox open when I park up as a kind of "look, no satnav here" statement.

I just hope the guy I hit has one! Dont want the weight slowing me down! !

There is supposed to be a warning triangle in that long thin gap on the boot panel, but each to their own! :-D

6 years old where did you dig this up from mate?

I have the triangle and the first aid kit also

Reactions: voorhees
I was trying to understand if the first aid kit was standard or optional. I didn't find out! It doesn't really bother me that I don't have one, but I figured its more important to have a triangle in your boot than a first aid kit!

It was optional. My first S3 had it, my second didn't.

I gave my dad the warning triangle, it fits perfectly in the boot of his Fiesta, in the provided Ford Velcro straps.

I still have an unused red zipped 8L S3 first aid kit - L shaped that fits in the recess under the flap in the glove box, I keep meaning to chuck it on eBay.

Some bits may have reached their expiry( if there is any) but it's all still sealed and unopened so I can't tell. Probably still better than nothing if needed.

I still have an unused red zipped 8L S3 first aid kit - L shaped that fits in the recess under the flap in the glove box, I keep meaning to chuck it on eBay.

Oh cool - I dropped you a PM if you want to give it a new home!

Sold to the man with a lovely Noggy S3.

For future reference the correct S3 8L L shaped first aid kit looks like this. It fits under the flap in the glove box.

IMG 1616

Reactions: s3mad_dude