Brembo from an Evo8

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Arvo,

My boss has upgraded his Evo8 brakes to Porsche ones; and so had his old Brembo's left over:

Just wondering if they would fit an MY2002 S3?

Looking at the specs they suit 330m diameter discs with a 30mm thickness. Looking at other posts the 'usual' S3 Brembo kit is 312mm and 28mm.

Would I get away with a 312mm set-up using these calipers? My mate with an Ibiza tried them on but they would not fit due to the width plus he would need a special bracket to hold them on.

Car is in at Storm at the moment getting the remap and some other bits done and I have asked them to have a look and let us know, but was wondering would anyone on here know?

Cheers!

I think they are similar to the calipers used for the big red kit (same as porche 911's use) so you would need a different caliper carrier (which may have to be specially made - £££'s) and different brake discs to the standard one on the S3

Why not have a look at some 2 piece discs using AP or AP copy 5x100 bells and a 330x 30 mil outside rotor, available off the shelf? Obviously need to get the caliper mounted but that shold be possible...?

They are the wrong mounting type. It'd be a NIGHTMARE to get them to come even close to fitting correctly.

Dave_Bayern said:
They are the wrong mounting type. It'd be a NIGHTMARE to get them to come even close to fitting correctly.

Just about to say the same...
They aren't radial mount, like the Porsche callipers...so will be nigh-on impossible to make fit.