The Old and the New

SiCotty

Reaction score
Thought I would post some pictures of my new motor with the old one.

A3andscoob.jpg

A3andscoob_2.jpg

Old one had to go as it's three years old and has covered 100k miles. The Audi is a fantastic car but for all the scoobys faults it still made me grin every time I drove it.

Si

Which A3 is that?
I really like the new A3, the build quality is sooo much better, and even the A3 chassis seems to handle better than the old S3, brakes also seem alot better, the new S3/RS3 should be a stunner!

It’s the 2.0 TDI Sport with optional parabolic alloy wheels. Also had the alcantera and leather interior. If the steering were not so unresponsive and numb then it would probably handle very well. Although this does have advantages in that it’s as light as a feather at parking speeds. It does become heavy at speed but it’s still crap.

Things I’ve also noticed is that when washing the car how are you supposed to prop the wiper blades up on the front as they foul the bonnet.

Will post some more pictures soon, and yes the front brakes are rather large. I was surprised as most VAG cars I’ve driven have heavily servo assisted brakes. One touch on the pedal and you go through the windscreen. They are more progressive like the scooby.

Si