Clutch :s

Murf

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice. Had a new standard clutch put in a few weeks ago did like 200 miles and a 3000 rev start exploded it. Cars running like 260 lbs of torque. Clutch defect? or too much torque? Thanks in advance.

Id say unless youv done 3k starts for the 200miles then its a dodgey clutch.

Edit* its an s3 right?

Thats what i thought but garage seems to think its too much torque.

Yeah its an S3

Last edited:
Haha, no mate, the standard setup can handle way more torque than that. Get it replaced under warranty.

after 200miles it wont be anywhere near bedded in, especially if it was 200miles of motorway driving...

Hes saying that it might not be covered by warranty... need to have another chat with him then lol. Cheers

after 200miles it wont be anywhere near bedded in, especially if it was 200miles of motorway driving...

Yeah it was motorway miles

3000rpm launches in a 4wd car will kill clutches in no time at all, something has to give.

Sounds like he did just one 3000 rpm start not a series of them, I wouldn't expect one to kill the clutch especially as 260 torque isn't that much compared to what others are running with standard clutches.

Cheap clutch kit ?what brand was it ?
manufacturers warranty on part is usually 1yr ....get garage to sort it out for free ...garage will have to claim from manufacturer or motor factors that supplied part.... for parts and labour will be covered if clutch was faulty