Clutch

SamHendry

Reaction score

My new clutch is on the right and old on the left. When I removed the packaging I thought they had sent me the wrong one as the design looks entirely different.. Old clutch plate is heavier and just feels more robust where as new one (LUK) gives me the impression it's not very heavy duty. What's people thoughts on these two designs? Does it matter?

I can only comment on the design, don't know about longevity since I havent seen the clutch in my car :)

The old one has 4 bigger damper springs, whereas the new one has seven. I would believe the new one will be a bit more progressive while engaging. Also it seems to have more connecting parts between core and friction material, spreading the load.
When it comes to durability, LuK has a rather good reputation, so you should be ok.

Reactions: SamHendry
Thx for the reply..as I said I wasn't sure if it was the right one but it's obviously just a different design.. Hopefully this clutch serves me well.. Last one did.. It survived three track days Nd over 20k hard road miles and still has a bit of life in it..