porsche brakes 4 pot

And these issues are exactly why I went for 986 Boxster brakes. So much easier :)

Silly statement IMO mate. No offence intended, I just don't agree.

There are no issues at all. Do your research, know what you're talking about, and it's all very simple and straight forward.

We still don't know what calipers Dan has for sure, because he hasn't given a part number, even though I suggested it 32 posts ago.

All it takes is 5 mins to whip a wheel off and read a part number from the caliper, and all questions could be answered.

IF the part numbers are as expected, 996.351.425 & 996.351.426, then carriers are available from creation motorsport for £90, and these will work perfectly with the alfa discs.

there are so many different calipers used in these kits. I think we all need to find out which ones Dan has before making guesses and suggestions.

looks the same as mine, 993 GT2 calipers (big reds) part numbers for the matching discs are 99335104510 and 99335104610.(this is a 322mm x 32mm disc) i had new bells made at a cost of 140ea and already had a set of carriers for the Porsche to S4. as said QStuning quoted me £750 all in for new discs, i eventually got them from here Brake Discs :: performance parts at a cost of £309 for the pair delivered to my door

sorry meant to say the best improvement i had was going to the yellow Stuff Pads from the Pagid i was running. great braking from cold, very little dust, no noise and no brake fad

Silly statement IMO mate. No offence intended, I just don't agree.

There are no issues at all. Do your research, know what you're talking about, and it's all very simple and straight forward.

how's my statement silly. You tell me what's easier: order 312 mm S3 discs for around £100 and bolt to the hub. Or... Order whatever huge size of disc you boys need made for another manufacturer of car for £300, then spend more money and time getting them re-drilled to fit your car, then bolt them to the hub!

It's doesn't matter if you've done your research and know what calipers are on your car, the other porsche calipers work out more expensive and more hassle. No doubt they probably perform better but I don't think my statement about the ease of the calipers/discs is "silly".

how's my statement silly. You tell me what's easier: order 312 mm S3 discs for around £100 and bolt to the hub. Or... Order whatever huge size of disc you boys need made for another manufacturer of car for £300, then spend more money and time getting them re-drilled to fit your car, then bolt them to the hub!

It's doesn't matter if you've done your research and know what calipers are on your car, the other porsche calipers work out more expensive and more hassle. No doubt they probably perform better but I don't think my statement about the ease of the calipers/discs is "silly".

phone Hi-spec:

''Hi, I'd like some Alfa Brera discs supplied and redrilled to 5x100pcd''

''Certainly Sir, that'll be £150 in total, and they will be delivered the day after tomorrow''

it really is that simple man! Hi-Spec supply the blank discs, and machine then for £25 per disc, blanks are £100 a pair.

Hoses are the same, pad costs are the same, carriers are the same, and even calipers costs are very similar.

I just think for the huge expense (you must have spent £7-800 right?) it's a shame not to have bigger thicker discs that'll give more power and more heat dissipation, and bigger pads that contact more of the disc, when really there is no further hassle or effort than ordering any other standard part.

So I'll call high spec 2morrow to ask what they say etc

Pads best place just want normal pads no fancy stuff yellow stuff etc

phone Hi-spec:

''Hi, I'd like some Alfa Brera discs supplied and redrilled to 5x100pcd''

''Certainly Sir, that'll be £150 in total, and they will be delivered the day after tomorrow''

it really is that simple man! Hi-Spec supply the blank discs, and machine then for £25 per disc, blanks are £100 a pair.

Hoses are the same, pad costs are the same, carriers are the same, and even calipers costs are very similar.

I just think for the huge expense (you must have spent £7-800 right?) it's a shame not to have bigger thicker discs that'll give more power and more heat dissipation, and bigger pads that contact more of the disc, when really there is no further hassle or effort than ordering any other standard part.

So why do I keep reading threads like this where people are buying ridiculously priced discs!

So why do I keep reading threads like this where people are buying ridiculously priced discs!

Because they're all morons mate!

Llike I said:

Do your research, know what you're talking about, and it's all very simple and straight forward.

Sorry if I offended you with my first post Fred, I didn't want to at all :wub:

Because they're all morons mate!

Llike I said:

Sorry if I offended you with my first post Fred, I didn't want to at all :wub:

No offence at all mate. You know me better then that ;)

If anything I'm just a little annoyed that I didn't get a larger kit. At the time (last year) all these silly figures for new discs is what put me off.

This thread is going round in circles. No real progress has been made since yesterday..

Until the OP gets the part numbers, all we know is that Westy bought the wrong brakes.

This thread is going round in circles. No real progress has been made since yesterday..

Until the OP gets the part numbers, all we know is that Westy bought the wrong brakes.
lol

i can see westys logic, he wanted it simple, which his upgrade definately was, bought and straight on to the discs that are there.

Oi Tom Thumb shush, there's nothing wrong with Westys setup I have the same to bolt on mine so they must be good :beee:

Hi Dan,

Prices as requested:

Alfa Romeo Brera (05-06) 330mm discs are £98.00 a pair
Alfa Romeo Brera (06-on) 330mm discs are £82.22 a pair

The only difference I could see in these two from my catalogue was that they had a difference in total height of 0.2mm which is nothing, I see no reason not to use the newer (cheaper) discs.

We charge £25 per disc to re-drill the PCD. I noticed that the Alfa disc has a 70mm centre bore and the Audi has 65mm ,we would charge a further £25 per disc to reduce the centre bore by 5mm with an ally insert.
The centre bore locates the disc centrally on the hub.

The Pads I have listed as the standard compound are the EBC redstuff £91.09 and are listed for the following applications:

Porsche Boxter S 3.2 - 00-06
Porsche Boxter S 3.4 - 06-08
Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 3.4- 97-02
Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4 3.4 - 97-02
Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 3.4- 02-05
Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4 3.4 - 02-05
Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 3.6 - 01-05
Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4 3.6 - 01-02
Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4S 3.6 -03-05
Porsche 911 (997) Carrera 3.6 - 04-05
Porsche Cayman 3.4 - 05-06

So, total price (including delivery and VAT) for the pads and discs (all modifications) £342.97

Kind Regards
Alex

Karl: that's good value mate. Nothing ouch about it.

Inwould say though, there's no need to have the centre bore reduced, I never had any problems, so that reduces costs, and ds3000
Pads are only £138 from camskill.

You want serious brakes, it's always going to cost much more than ****ty 312's

Next thing really is as I'll take all the bell housing off then left with new disc but the calipers fitting to a thicker disc in theory?

Wouldn't that be new brackets or adapter plates ?

I love the brakes look and once working again the brake power just alot of hassle each time :(

if you just found out what you need mate, it's not hasstle at all. IF the brera discs fit then it's plain sailling :)

so you rely on the wheel nuts locating the discs prawn? is there no play with bolt in the disc?

Yup, never been an issue when I had them on the Daily superK, what I used to do it wind all the nuts up to JUST before hand tight, then spin the wheel a few times to make sure the disc ran true and central. then nip them up

But ain't the disk going to be different thickest? Compare to the Rota disks tho

And this boring out the middle of the disk does it really need doing ?

Just trying to save as much as I can
Got a family so I have s budget each month from my commission from work lol

20090908_IMG00089-20090908-2019.jpg

20090917_CRW_3705.jpg

<tuffty/>

Humm, big reds then off a 993 turbo or C4s.

322 x 32mm rotors on those so Breara discs wont be of any use to you man, they're 28mm thick.

Back to the drawing board. Maybe find some porsche discs and get them re-drilled?

Just Gunna sell them cant be bother with it hassle ,

I would use the bell housing just use hub

Or get normal Porsche discs then re do the PCd on them as Porsche are 5x112 I believe

looks the same as mine, 993 GT2 calipers (big reds) part numbers for the matching discs are 99335104510 and 99335104610.(this is a 322mm x 32mm disc) i had new bells made at a cost of 140ea and already had a set of carriers for the Porsche to S4. as said QStuning quoted me £750 all in for new discs, i eventually got them from here Brake Discs :: performance parts at a cost of £309 for the pair delivered to my door

sorry meant to say the best improvement i had was going to the yellow Stuff Pads from the Pagid i was running. great braking from cold, very little dust, no noise and no brake fad
^this guy had the answer all along then^

but i dont want rota disks tho i want normal disks with these calipers if poss not this kit i have now

or does anyone want them ??; lol

LCR disks are 28mm thick... R32 discs are 32mm thick IIRC so you 'could' use those with the calipers but the brackets would need attention...

<tuffty/>

you could, choose a common 5x100 disc used in alot of peoples kits, say the 323 lcr ones in the kit above, mount the disc, mount the caliper, and design/mock up, some new carriers to be made. if you have a local engineering place this wouldnt be hard, or that expensive probably, and then you are set for the future and know exactly what discs to get everytime.
323's are good because they are a fair size, bigger than standard, only 11mm mind but still an increase, and, they are fairly cheap.
thats prob what id do. its what id do if i was to buy a random set of calipers anyway, been thinking of doing it.