Porsche brakes

Jman

Reaction score
Do the porshe turbo callipers with the r32 344 disks fit under the standard 17" wheels of the s3 thanks

The 996 Turbo ones?

The OEM size of the R32 (mk iv) discs are 334 dude....or have you got adapters to make 344s fit?

Very interested in the answer to this question though as I have a set of those callipers waiting to be put on.

From what I've read on the forums, they aren't much larger in height compared to the LCRs - it's mainly the width as they allow a larger disc than the LCRs and GT junior Brembo set ups. So you would need some spacers at least.

Yer waiting for the adapters in the post and pressed the wrong button problem with touch screen and fat fingers lol I meant the 334 with the 996 turbo callipers

There's only a handful of people running them on here tbh- not exactly the cheapest and easiest way to a big brake conversion and a lot of people just pick up a set of the LCRs.

I've asked a couple of people I know run them on S3s but not had a response as yet - so will chase them up.

Are you going for the Zimmermann (semi 2 piece) OEM discs or aftermarket ones?

I've got 996 turbo cailpers with r32 disc.

Don't think they will fit under 17's

Here is a picture of mine under 18's RSTT

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396544480675214

Reactions: kwistof
It would be a properly tight fit- but would highlight those bad boys even more :)

Sorry to hijack but how do the 996 turbo calipers perform guys?

Sorry to hijack but how do the 996 turbo calipers perform guys?

Not got mine on yet :(

All I've read is great reviews tbh....apart from when it comes to sourcing true 2 piece floating discs for them in 334mm x 32mm fitment

They preform great, couldn't really ask for more, apart from ceramic.

Disc are the expensive part though.

Can you not source real 2 piese discs. Then all youd need is replacement rotors?

Only from ecs tuning I believe but they are a lot more to start with.

Can you not source real 2 piese discs. Then all youd need is replacement rotors?

I think the ECS discs are semi-floating so not fully floating and instead 'just' fixed with bolts.

To source proper floating 2 piece discs you practically have to email/call up companies directly as I haven't found a huge amount on line- in fact barely anything! lol. Just one company over in America that advise the pad may not fully hit the rotors so they could do with grinding down- which is something I don't really want to have done.

So as you would be looking for discs that are not always on the shelf and regularly sell you will be paying big bucks for basically custom made rotors and bells

In answer to the original post....I've just seen some 330mm discs under 17" OEM Avus alloys and there was a couple of mm for the 334s to fit HOWEVER this was all with a LCR calliper so I'm not sure if the 996ts are larger in terms of the height/length as the width can be dealt with by spacers.

Need to find out the dimensions of a LCR calliper really as I have my 996t fronts sitting at home that I could measure up

Hi-spec do 335 x 32 rotors off the shelf. Can't imagine 0.5mm's even being noticed, let along causing an issue. No idea what bells you'd use with them, but at least it'd only mean custom bells as a worst case scenario. It's the bells and bolts that determine if the rotor's floating or not. I believe the Hi-Spec stuff uses the same bolt pattern as AP and others, so there's probably already something out there.

Looking at that pic on RSTT's, I'd say OEM Avus 17's would clear no problem.

Avus have MORE brake clearence horiztonally than RSTT's, and the difference radially between a 17 and an 18'' rim is 12.7mm, call it it.

There's definitely more than 13mm of radial clearance in the above pic. More like 20+.

The 996TT/R32 setup is pretty expensive though compared to the alternatives, so be sure you require that level of braking before commiting to the long term extra costs (initial outlay, plus future discs and pads)