Haldex fualt code

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
My code came back so i can copy it onto here now. Going to do the oil and filter next week if i can and see if that does anything.

VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.0
Sunday, 23 October 2011, 10:06:04.
Control Module Part Number: 02D 900 554 B
Component and/or Version: HALDEX LSC ECC 0006
Software Coding:
Work Shop Code:
1 Fault Found:
01155 - Clutch
04-10 - Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent

This was mentioned recently iirc... its an indication of imminent haldex clutch pack failure due to infrequent oil changes...

If you haven't had it done then get a haldex oil and filter change pronto...

<tuffty/>

The haldex clutch is part of the diff isnt it? So if an oil and filter change dont fix it its new diff time is it?

Haldex unit is bolted onto the rear diff and can be bought separately but you could try eBay etc if it comes to that

<tuffty/>

You can buy the clutch plates as a set from the dealer for about £120! However I personally haven't plucked up the courage to strip it down and replace them yet, a second hand diff was the easier option. Also worth checking that your haldex pump is working, it's bolted to the lower front right corner of the diff, you can activate it in output tests on vagcom, if it buzzes strongly then it's probably good.

I went to try the output test but my lead won't let me do it. If it is the clutch I would prob get a seccond hand unit and maybe repair the old one. Or even get a goosed one to fix then swap over.