yourAudi - Track New Car Order

I’m going to hold out... I’ll just have to have time off the forum when it gets a bit closer or else it will really drag haha

Reactions: JamesCrs3
I'm on "30" now and I'm tempted to not wait for an 18 plate especially as my private reg is going on anyway.:laughing:
You'd be mad not to wait. Private plate or not, when it comes to resale or part ex however far down the line, you will get more for an 18 plate than a 67. It's only a few weeks away now. Hold out. It'll be worth it.

You'd be mad not to wait. Private plate or not, when it comes to resale or part ex however far down the line, you will get more for an 18 plate than a 67. It's only a few weeks away now. Hold out. It'll be worth it.

This is my thinking... a week or twos wait will help in the long run!

Yeah I most likely will wait.

Although when I sold my RS there was I checked value of previous reg and it made no difference. They were more interested in mileage.

Reactions: Phil3
The main issue I have is the PX on my S3. I have saved exactly what the dealer told me was needed. I assume the lower the mileage on my S3 the better the chances of getting what we agreed. So for me the sooner I pick up the RS3 the better.

However I don't have one penny more - so if the dealer wants more from me - then they will have to wait until April/May for me to be paid again for my full time work. I'm still trying to decide if its better to go see them this week or wait until the car arrives. The problem I have is the settlement amount is more than I expected. Potentially the dealer could want another 3K from me.

My logic is ill take the 67 plate because it means that the lower mileage on my car helps me. If not then I will get an 18 plate a couple of months later (and a couple of months disappointed!).

So I’m now at 38. Alas not on a ship.

I will now spend every day trying to see when the next boat from Emden to Sheerness is! Lol

I hope that the boats currently on the way to sheerness go back to Emden and do a return trip over the weekend now.

Once again however I haven't seen the status update and show me 36 before; and 38 only showed before when it had gone to 39 so maybe there is a difference in how the tracker works now?

Last edited:
Although when I sold my RS there was I checked value of previous reg and it made no difference. They were more interested in mileage.
I just can't believe that. And personally I have always looked for the newer reg, which will have more warranty etc too. You can hang on a few more weeks. It will make it even better when you come to pick it up!

@Phil3 so we are both now waiting to see the next boat to Sheerness? I know I am.

There is a boat to Grimsby tomorrow morning looking at MarineTraffic. But none to Sheerness. Hopefully one of the two that arrived today will go back to Emden and then back to Sheerness on Saturday. But it could also be there are no more boats until next week. The only way to know is to watch the comings and going from Emden. And of course even if there is a boat to Sheerness there may be a back log of cars so mine won’t be on the very next one! (Although I think that’s unlikely considering two went to Sheerness and arrived today so I imagine any queue is small now).

Mine will be heading to Grimsby I’d of thought... so could be en route in the morning

Mine will be heading to Grimsby I’d of thought... so could be en route in the morning

I was wrong about that Grimsby boat - it had already left but I believe there is another that left at 3PM today - City of St Petersberg which is on the way to Grimsby.

Meanwhile Makashar Highway is on its way back to Emden from Sheerness where I hope it will reload and do a return trip with my car over the weekend.

I also had an email from the dealer today saying my car is waiting to be shipped and once it has they will get back to me with the final finance figures. I am not sure whether it is worth my emailing them again to reiterate I can not spend anything about the amount agreed originally.

Im on 38 now, waiting for a boat!

Snap... won’t be long now mate, dealer received my personal reg docs today so that’s all ready and waiting for 1st March too... been in touch with my detailer so just waiting of a few quotes coming back there

I have tonight gone to stage 39.

"orderHistory":
[{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2018-01-28T01:02:31+0000"},{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2018-01-19T01:01:58+0000"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2018-01-15T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2018-01-13T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2018-01-12T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2018-01-11T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2017-12-08T01:01:34+0000"},{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2017-10-31T01:01:35+0000"},{"orderStatus":"00","statusDate":"2017-08-26T01:10:48+0100"}]

But there are no boats from Emden to the UK that left today. Possibly the Makhassar Highway may be leaving today to travel to the UK (but its destination isn't confirmed yet.).

I am not sure if the status would update before its on the boat however. Last time with my S3 it updated to say it was on the way when the boat had already left. That was also a weekend - and my S3 arrived Saturday but the tracker didn't update until Monday night to stage 40 even though it had been in the UK for a couple of days. Then on Thursday the car went from 40 to 60 BEFORE it had left Sheerness. The car was received at the dealer on Thursday afternoon.

I signed the paperwork on Saturday and collected the car on the following Tuesday afternoon. If I followed the same time line I would be looking at collecting (assuming the finance is workable) on Tuesday week. However I believe that this dealer which is a larger group than the dealer I got the S3 from might be able to do a quicker collection (or might not). We will see.

What I am most curious about is - is my car already in the UK and the tracker is 24 hours behind or is it pre-empting the boat leaving today?

I’m at 40

Agony of the March 1 wait

I am really not convinced there is any big benefit waiting for an 18 plate. Every week I drive my S3 is going to reduce its value and if I did a large number of miles in March it could be very bad for that. And I just wonder if they would give me a better deal as a 67 plate than an 18 depending on what targets they have or haven't reached.

Last edited:
Makassahar Highway left Emden at 11am this morning to Sheerness. Due tomorrow morning at 10am.

Logical to assume my car is on there and the tracker was a bit ahead of itself.

I’m sure the vehicle carriers didn’t take quite so long in the summer to cross the channel. 24 hours seems awfully slow. (But I haven’t checked back to last summer but I thought it was around half that time then).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makassahar Highway left Emden at 11am this morning to Sheerness. Due tomorrow morning at 10am.

Logical to assume my car is on there and the tracker was a bit ahead of itself.

I’m sure the vehicle carriers didn’t take quite so long in the summer to cross the channel. 24 hours seems awfully slow. (But I haven’t checked back to last summer but I thought it was around half that time then).

Hopefully my car is on the same boat

Is what I found with mine was, when the tracker updated overnight and said it was on the boat, I did what you have done looked on the boat tracker found which one it was, where it was got all excited thought I would watch it that day just for fun, lol.
I emailed the sales person in Tristan2 "s case Scott only to be told that the car was already in the UK, :blink:

I’ve just emailed Scott,see what he says

Do I wait till March 1st?

100% yes. You have waited this long another couple of weeks won't hurt.

I waited till 2018 for mine, it was due 11 Dec, but arrived towards the end of Nov, Scott wanted me to have it then.

My deal was always set up as a Jan delivered car so I waited for that, it may make a difference one day when its time to move on.

Reactions: Tristan2
Do I wait till March 1st?

Don’t care what anyone says it’s human nature to want something better and in this case a newer car if only by Reg plate is better. If you were in the market for a second hand car and offered a 67 or 18 plate same spec car at a similar price which would you choose

Right after stating the obvious I’m off for a drink and a good cry into my beer about the 5 weeks of waiting until March 1

March 1st is gona be a good day for half the forum... seems we’re all waiting til then :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Callum66 and Tristan2
Hmm the Audi system that shows what status number you’re at doesn’t seem to be working for me anymore... I just get an “access denied” message?!

Did you log into my audi first?

Nope... I’ve just been pasting the link in the search bar and adding my order number on the end, it’s works for weeks up until today

How to you do it through MyAudi?

Did you log into my audi first?

Just log back in normally and save the link so you can click it fast; it times out like your online banking so sometimes you will get access denied for that reason.

If I can collect my car by this weekend I will. I am shortly going to email the dealer and tell him my expectations.

Nope... I’ve just been pasting the link in the search bar and adding my order number on the end, it’s works for weeks up until today

How to you do it through MyAudi?
Your browser must know that you have logged in on the Audi site in order to give you access to the other link. Just log into www.audi.co.uk, then try the link again.

Your browser must know that you have logged in on the Audi site in order to give you access to the other link. Just log into www.audi.co.uk, then try the link again.

Hmm if doesn’t work both ways now :seenoevil: I’ve never had to do it that way in the past... now I can’t check haha I’ll have to try it on my Mac tomorrow?!

...I’m in :thumbs up: and I’m still at 38 haha

I’m at status 40 as I expected.

I know better than some dealer my dealer who told me it would take a few days to arrive in the UK according to Audi UK. Lol.

[{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2018-01-30T01:02:19+0000"},{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2018-01-28T01:02:31+0000"},{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2018-01-19T01:01:58+0000"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2018-01-15T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2018-01-13T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2018-01-12T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2018-01-11T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2017-12-08T01:01:34+0000"},{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2017-10-31T01:01:35+0000"},{"orderStatus":"00","statusDate":"2017-08-26T01:10:48+0100"}]

Last edited: