xenon headlight wash pre to post facelift

rickyquicky

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the xenon wash 'covers' (the bits that come out from the bumper when you use the wash) are the same for pre and post facelift bumpers?

Basically im hoping when I do my facelift conversion the xenon wash system I have will fit into the holes cut out in the new facelift bumper...

Does anyone know if the xenon wash 'covers' (the bits that come out from the bumper when you use the wash) are the same for pre and post facelift bumpers?

Basically im hoping when I do my facelift conversion the xenon wash system I have will fit into the holes cut out in the new facelift bumper...

No, they are different..

Yeah they are different but I was lucky, my front bumper came with the washer pipework etc still attached.

i think he means going from split to single grille rather than from split/single to my 09+

Split pre 05 to single 05-08 had the same washer system, the caps were different for the bumper but minor, you will need to use a new bit of piping as the older one is to short to go round everything.

which is what i was too lazy to type 09 on is completely different new washers caps and springs are required

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I meant going from split grille to single grille, I have a bumper WITHOUT cutouts, so I wanted to see if my current covers would be the template I needed, or if they were different.

So basically I just need the caps/covers for single grille bumper and some pipework, and then I can start cutting lol?!

Cutting what, as you will need a specific bumper with the washer holes already, as you will have the fixings on the inside of the bumper for this whereas non xenon bumpers wont, my advice is get a bumper with the holes & fixings oem fitted, then swap xenon washers etc across.

Cutting what, as you will need a specific bumper with the washer holes already, as you will have the fixings on the inside of the bumper for this whereas non xenon bumpers wont, my advice is get a bumper with the holes & fixings oem fitted, then swap xenon washers etc across.

I've bought a bumper in my colour in perfect condition, but without the washer holes cut out. I remember a thread on here a while back where someone else done the same thing...they cut out the holes etc, wish I could find that thread again now!

So im going to need to buy more bits then? I thought it was just a case of swapping the covers over and all sorted! :blush::Flush:

There was a thread (think it was 'finallygotanA3' but could be wrong) where he got his cut out on a bumper that didnt have the holes. The back of the bumper with no washer jets has the indentations on the inside of the bumper where the cover would go if I remember rightly. You will need the bracket that the cover fits on. This is only cheap to buy. Cant remember if there is a spring too but if there is it would probably come with the bracket.

Last edited:
Question is does your non washer jet bumper have the screw holes for the jets to fix to, as without these its a waste of your time & money.

Question is does your non washer jet bumper have the screw holes for the jets to fix to, as without these its a waste of your time & money.

I agree, plus surely cutting out is never going to look as neat as the proper bumper?

I'll be honest, I think it will look ***** cutout, but I'm not one to not try, but if you want 100% surety its gonna be as oem & you have the fixings then give it a go, just remember if it is hashed, then reselling a once good bumper with that kinda damage etc would be harder than selling a now complete one as such, I'd get a new one or used with washer holes already there then convert.

/agree and fyi i did notice defects in the cutout one, didnt have the heart to point them out to the lad

:blush:

Thanks for all the advice and info but i'm going to be stubborn and try my hardest to make it work!

It may be wishful thinking but i'll post pics up when I get the washer bits all sorted...then you guys can laugh at the bodge job lol :laugh: