would i be stupid to...?

Sprintblu3

Reaction score
Would i be stupid to part with my audi s3 8p for a new s1? I want something brand new and a warranty and unfortunately cant afford new s3. Would keep the s3 or buy one of these with the right spec for the right price?
I would want the quattro interior and exterior packs and super sport seats.

I cant stop looking at joses yellow s1 lol http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/josés-s1-bumblebeast.227657/#post-2279389

Reactions: josedebardi
Similar speed, great looks but they are a LOT smaller inside. Depends on how much space you need, sold my 8P S3 last week and waiting on a S3 8V and my partner has a A1 so I'm well suited to this thread lol.

Similar speed, great looks but they are a LOT smaller inside. Depends on how much space you need, sold my 8P S3 last week and waiting on a S3 8V and my partner has a A1 so I'm well suited to this thread lol.
Lucky guy haha wel im 22 still at home with the rents and no kids so space isnt a massive problem at the moment. Im never been keen on really small cars but do like the s1 and as ive said the s3 8v is out of the question just for now. Been told to hold on for rs3 prices to come down but thats going to be a while plus i like something new now.

I would stick the the s3 just due to the fact that s1 is tiny inside..

Anyone think theyll hold their price well? Becsuse i havent seen one on the road yet and only seen 7 for sale so dont actually think there is many out there.

Lucky guy haha wel im 22 still at home with the rents and no kids so space isnt a massive problem at the moment. Im never been keen on really small cars but do like the s1 and as ive said the s3 8v is out of the question just for now. Been told to hold on for rs3 prices to come down but thats going to be a while plus i like something new now.

Well again the RS3 is totally different and won't be new unless your spending 40k-50k odd. I'd leave that out of the equation.

If you do want new the S1 is a great car, if space is not a issue go for it and performance should be similar to yours now.

Only thing to note is that standard kit isn't great and when you start speccing it up your quickly into S3 money

Well again the RS3 is totally different and won't be new unless your spending 40k-50k odd. I'd leave that out of the equation.

If you do want new the S1 is a great car, if space is not a issue go for it and performance should be similar to yours now.

Only thing to note is that standard kit isn't great and when you start speccing it up your quickly into S3 money
Thats what i have noticed is the price similarities pretty stupid to be honest. Ive specced it to around £32k

Reactions: The Challinor
I think a lot of people think the same to be honest, going off the 8V forum.

Also final payment can have a impact.

Things the S1 should have as standard are:

Full leather, flat steering wheel, AMI and think there were some more stuff as well.

Get an S1 + DTUK box for S3 power in a go-kart! I'M LOVING MINE! Just embarrassed a Jag F-Type S - shoulda seen the guys face when we pulled up along side at a roundabout after playing for 4-5 miles :)

Reactions: kevin lewis
Im going to have to go into audi soon and see on what monthly payments they csn arrange. I have found one in yellow with the int/ext quattro packs and ss seats

Get an S1 + DTUK box for S3 power in a go-kart! I'M LOVING MINE! Just embarrassed a Jag F-Type S - shoulda seen the guys face when we pulled up along side at a roundabout after playing for 4-5 miles :)

Oh it is fun isn't it?

Had some fun against F type too. Not sure if it was an S but I pulled away. The most interesting little sprint I had was against a brand new Cayman S. Really slow off the mark. He pulled in to the petrol station behind me and we exchanged a few pleasantries. He guessed my S3 was chipped - his jaw dropped when I said it wasn't! He expected it to ruin an S3!

Oh it is fun isn't it?

Had some fun against F type too. Not sure if it was an S but I pulled away. The most interesting little sprint I had was against a brand new Cayman S. Really slow off the mark. He pulled in to the petrol station behind me and we exchanged a few pleasantries. He guessed my S3 was chipped - his jaw dropped when I said it wasn't! He expected it to ruin an S3!

If I wasn't chipped he would have eaten me alive! I still can't work out launching due to the insane grip, I just kill all the revs as I lift the clutch as I don't want to slip it too much and burn it out!

If I wasn't chipped he would have eaten me alive! I still can't work out launching due to the insane grip, I just kill all the revs as I lift the clutch as I don't want to slip it too much and burn it out!

Interesting dilemma josedebardi!

Always been the way with manual, turbo 4WD cars - Scoobies and Evo's main weakness.

Umm - maybe slightly less revs initially and a fairly quick throttle release? Seen some videos on youtube at the press launch in Sweden of journos doing it but I doubt they will doing it with any mechanical sympathy in mind.....

Thank god for LC ;)

Interesting dilemma josedebardi!

Always been the way with manual, turbo 4WD cars - Scoobies and Evo's main weakness.

Umm - maybe slightly less revs initially and a fairly quick throttle release? Seen some videos on youtube at the press launch in Sweden of journos doing it but I doubt they will doing it with any mechanical sympathy in mind.....

Thank god for LC ;)

The main issue is the ECU limits the revs to 3.5k until you lift the clutch, when I initially found this I thought cool, LC! But really you need more revs to break traction. TBH I've not tried it with ESP in sport or off yet, no light flashing to say TC is kicking in, but I wonder if it is having an impact, will have to try it (does it pre-empt slip in this situation with no indication it is interfering?)...

Almost certainly - in LC on my S3 the ESP is I think in sport mode (not totally off). Why would it need to be off if it didn't make a difference?

Interesting it limits the revs at 3.5k - thought that was S-tronic cars only.

Give it a go tomorrow and report back - think you will find it much easier with it partially / fully off. :)

Wow seriously do you need to do anything to switch said "LC" on?
Also you just mentioned ESP sport... Again how...

(Have not got the car yet)

To the original poster the standard S3 comes in at the similar price of a fully specced up S1, surely depends on the size needs, and whether you leave them standard or tune them...

Nope, just does it.
Button near cup holder, press for sport, hold for off. I've still not tried either due to damp weather!