1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

worn brake pad warning on, but pads /wires are ok

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by DodgeT, Oct 8, 2006.

1. DodgeT

DodgeT Member

[Oct 8, 2006]
    as above really, the worn brake pad symbol has been showing for the past week or so, i have checked all of the brake pads, they are hardly worn at all. I disconnected the connectors, sprayed them with wd40. Checked the wires, they seem fine.
    Still the symbol keeps showing in the dash.
    Is there anything else i need to check, as it is becoming really annoying.
    I have just ordered a cable from alpha bid, so worst case, i can hopefully turn it off that way, would be nice tgo find the root cause of the problem though.
    Cheers.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. dstech

dstech Member

[Oct 9, 2006]
    Try checking for fault codes...maybe it will indicate a fault in the wiring somewhere.
  4. Neil_S

Neil_S Member

[Oct 9, 2006]
    I read on another forum that the brake pad warning light illuminating can sometimes be a sign that the battery is on the way out. Not sure if this was true or not, but I changed my battery recently because I'd been having the problem and the battery was 5 years old.

This didn't cure the problem for me, so I disconnected the sensors and sprayed them with WD40 and so far, touch wood, it hasn't displayed the warning.
  5. J4CK-DE

J4CK-DE New Member

[Oct 9, 2006]
    brake pedal switch comman as muck fault

if its a auto theres two switches and some are move over to the clutch side of the pedal

also u only get once chance to get it in proply if u press the pedal and it pops out or you pushed it to far in u have to use a new one
  6. Just Plain Old

Just Plain Old Active Member

[Oct 9, 2006]
    Hummmmm,,, I've had exactly the opposite problem. On the last 2 track days, down to the metal and off the track without even a hint of warning, until the big red one came on after the event (or during I guess)?