Brake Pad Warning Light on but theyre only about 60% worn

blucoop

Reaction score
Hi guys my brake pad warning light has come on, however ive had a look and there is still plenty of meat left on the pads. I would say about 40% left. Is this a common thing or can i reset the warning as i dont really wanna replace them too early as ive just done the rear pads and discs.

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Mine came about at Christmas for about three weeks, and then went off the day I bought the pads, literally! It's not come on since and the pads are still in the shed......

haha ok then so it has been known. Is there any way to get rid of the warning?? It kind of annoys me when people ask "whats that bleep" or "whats that yellow symbol". ??

cheers

steve

I think you can just disconnect the wire from the pads, then keep an eye on them.

Have you checked both pads on both sides? I think the sensors are connected to one on each side and it could be thats not the one you checked .If they are all 40% then why not disconnect the sensors which seem buried too deep in the pads but then you will have to keep a visual check .Arethey a good make which should not do this?

Erm..... I looked at pads 3 times randomly, what are the odds of me looking at the same side each time... definately possible knowing me. lol

Done a search on this forum and someone mentioned low fluid.. could this be it??

With regards to make of pads, i have no idea, ive only had the car 3 weeks... and ive already had more probs in 3 weeks than i had in 3 years with my astra van ;-)

its not the fluid ! its the pads, what ever make they are, they all suffer from audi itus ! this being they show on your dis as needing replacement when actually they dont, like you say, thery not even half way !
undoing the plug will not clear the fault on your dis !
its a normally closed curcuit, this being that once the curcuit is broken then the light / buzz on the dash occurs ! therefore the curcuit needs to remain closed so the twin wire entering the pad needs cutting and joining together to complete the curcuit, hence turning off the fault light / buzzer on dis.

Make sure you check the pads on the inside, as they may wear quicker than the ones on the outside. If a light comes on then you definately have an issue.