Window Tinting Yorkshire Area

crazy88

Loving the anonymity
Reaction score
I pm'd J7uss a while back regarding tinits, as he has a dude who can do it for a good price. However, he's not local to me, so was wanting to see if anyone had good experience of a company based around the yorkshire area?

If not, I will happily go to leicester, as i'd prefer to get a good job, due to poor tints looking hideous!

I am still undecided on how dark to go for the tints too. I don't want it too dark that my wife will struggle to park at night. But don't want it that light that it's hardly noticable.

So then folks....provide me with your wealth of knowledge, please! :readit:

20% light on rear looks goooood!

and i can still see through them at night... (just..)

25102_368182625201_553060201_5353459_7158678_n.jpg

25102_368155885201_553060201_5353367_5458085_n.jpg

20% light on rear looks goooood!

and i can still see through them at night... (just..)

Where did you get yours done chris, and did they do a good job? (and price too if possible). I believe you're over lancashire way, and i work in manchester, so could perhaps get them done over that way.

I don't think i'd go quite as dark, but thanks for the pics, they give me a nice idea. Did you get the fronts done at all, or just the back doors, and back. I know there are legalities for the fronts, but wasn't sure if you had a very light tint on them or not?!

Where did you get yours done chris, and did they do a good job? (and price too if possible). I believe you're over lancashire way, and i work in manchester, so could perhaps get them done over that way.

I don't think i'd go quite as dark, but thanks for the pics, they give me a nice idea. Did you get the fronts done at all, or just the back doors, and back. I know there are legalities for the fronts, but wasn't sure if you had a very light tint on them or not?!

I didnt actually get mine done locally, mine was also done down in Leicester by a guy i have used a few times before for £170 iirc.

Its a good pro job, the only thing i dont like is the fact that you can see all of the lines in the rear screen and the bubbled section around the rear screen (Second pic).
To get around this though you need to use some VERY expensive film which i was quoted nearly £400 to use.

Doesnt beter me that much to warrent that sort of money!

At first i was a bit edgy about going that dark, but so glad i did now. Our lupo is 35% and that is just too light.

about my front windows... lets not talk about them haha..

haha! When you say lines on the rear screen, do you mean the demister lines, or lines between the film (i.e. they used more than one piece)? And I can't see the bubbles of which you speak, so they can't be that bad! ha

Well, I may have to consider the darker tints then. It's be nice to have a load of sticky threads in the forum, one for pictures of tints, one for wheels etc. That way there could be a nice reference place for people to see what tints others have etc.

Thanks again for the replies

haha! When you say lines on the rear screen, do you mean the demister lines, or lines between the film (i.e. they used more than one piece)? And I can't see the bubbles of which you speak, so they can't be that bad! ha

Yeh i mean the demister lines, they have a light edge on them so stand out loads! Also, the bubbles... look around my rear quater window, see that it goes light before it goes black? Just like a lighter line all the way around the glass, this is caused by the raised bubbles in the glass.

ahhhhhhh, i get you now! I thought you meant the tints had bubbled, but you mean the little brown bubbles on the window have caused the tint to sit not 100% flush.

Yeah, I know what you mean about it being a pain, although it looks good still though and makes me want to do mine even more. I might end up just taking it to j7uss's contact if I can as he will hopefully be cheaper than that, and apparently is rather good.

ahhhhhhh, i get you now! I thought you meant the tints had bubbled, but you mean the little brown bubbles on the window have caused the tint to sit not 100% flush.

Yeah, I know what you mean about it being a pain, although it looks good still though and makes me want to do mine even more. I might end up just taking it to j7uss's contact if I can as he will hopefully be cheaper than that, and apparently is rather good.

its worth just taking a day out to go somewhere and get a decent job done!
I just went down there one Saturday, took a couple of hours, but i always enjot watching i being done!

Yeah, that's what i'm thinking. I think i'd enjoy watching it done, although I bet the dude would hate me looking over his shoulder haha.

It'd be nice to get it done locally, but i'd rather use a reputable dude somewhere else and get a better job if nobody can recommend a local place.

Xtreme Tints in Bradford are good guys and do a good job. About £200 for an Avant, slightly cheaper for a saloon.

sorry for nicking the thread, but does anyone know any good ones near oxfordshire?? i talked to a few places first was pentagon tinting in reading they wanted 325 with 10% discount :S thats front windows aswell on a saloon. and other was amj tinting, and they do the just the rear windows without fronts for 250. so still a bit expensive enit??

cheers

Seems like for these prices it may be worth driving to Leicester and getting it done cheaper and by someone I trust rather than a random place!