Will the 170bhp engine fit

krisdoz

Reaction score
hi all,

i have a 53 plate a3 2.0 tdi 140.

does anyone know if the 170bhp engine out of the newer a3's fit in place of the 140bhp engine which is in there now, or is there to much work involved.

thanks.:icon_thumright:

It will fit yes but uses a totally different ECU, a DPF and lots of other stuff on it. Basically can be done but a ****** nightmare job and not worth doing really. Why you ask ?

ok thanks, i think ill give it a miss then lol. was hoping for it to be an easy change but i think ill just stick with the 140 engine.

it is because the headgsaket and water pump needs doing and was thinking along the lines of changing the engine over. do you no of any where to get a decent engine?

Never transplant an engine into a car, that can be bought, i.e better idea to look out for a 170TDI.

I'd imagine if you did, you would inevitably incur problems, and make the car hard to sell/trade in.

Personally I'd just get a remap, unless you're wanting more than 170BHP in the long run?

ok thanks, i think ill give it a miss then lol. was hoping for it to be an easy change but i think ill just stick with the 140 engine.

it is because the headgsaket and water pump needs doing and was thinking along the lines of changing the engine over. do you no of any where to get a decent engine?

Fitting a new head gasket and water pump would be a lot cheaper then buying and fitting a new/secondhand engine. If you want an engine there are plenty on ebay.