Why does my car use so much oil!??

HenriEST

Reaction score
I have only done like 4 thousand miles in my car and i have topped it up at least 3 times! and today my oil light came back on again! i dont think there is anything wrong with it, but ive heard that A4s use loads of oil for some reason, but why? and that castrol edge stuff is expeeensive! 50 quid for a canister whaa!

I did use the search, but it didnt find anything!

Mine burns nothing i use mobil 1 and i have 140000 on it is yours a diesel? if you use synthetic oil expect oil loss

ah sorry not its not a diesel its a 130bhp 2.0l petrol

I also have the 2.0 petrol but use very ittle oil, so check for leaks.
Mine had a small leak from one of the coil packs which would burn off on the exhaust and was barely noticeble, only way I found it was the smell entering the cabin from time to time!
I use the longlife 5 - 30 fully synthetic oil and since fixing the leak very little top ups required ( 1/2 a litre every 3000 miles or so)

not much help re the question but worth alook:idea:

A 2.0L car putting out 130bhp, if it had a turbo I would be asking for my money back !!!!!

The standard 1.8T in A4 form puts out 170/190bhp

I have a 54 plate 3.0 V6 and I seem to get through a lot of oil. I think I must have a leak somewhere but not sure how to trace, I'm topping up about once a month. I occasionally see a bit of smoke when starting up and then a bit when I have been idling at the lights but nothing while driving, any ideas?

I have a 2.slow and never put Any oil in it.. I have a friend who has a 325i and it can use upto a litre every 700 miles, BMW say this is within tolerence!! Just check for leaks, also does it put out any smoke?

Cheers guys! no blue smoke out of my exhaust only white smoke when it was colder. i dont realy know how to check it:S and apparently my mate whos a mechanic sayd my car should use a litre of oil every 1500miles wtf