Which remap should i choose?

I had my S3 MTM'd, excellent service, Kim really knows his stuff, I am very very pleased with the results he achieved

klauster said:
I had my S3 MTM'd, excellent service, Kim really knows his stuff, I am very very pleased with the results he achieved

What bhp is it putting out post MTM?

Did you have any induction/exhaust mods or just a remap?

I just had the remap done, 312bhp after remap

klauster - did you change fuel pump, DV at same time?..

-Sal-

Decided to give Superchips a call today, and ask some questions.

For your info:

- Flash count feature remains intact. i.e. re-flashing will increment the counter. They do not reset it to the previous value.

- Speed limiter. This can be removed on request.

- Free updates for mods. Grey area. Not a clear answer on this for the 2.0T, because no remaps have been developed yet that take into account modifications. But for Ford and Vauxhall, remaps were developed with a specific tuner for each, so if customers went to that tuner for the mods, they got the updated remap for free, or a nominal fee such as £50. They may do the same for the 2.0T in the future.

- What of dealer reflashes the ECU? I was told by Technical Support that if the ECU gets reflashed by the dealer, when you connect Bluefin it will spot the ECU has changed, download the new OEM map, and then you can upload it to the Superchips server, you will then receive a new remap in about 8 hours.

So its just the reflash count which stops this from being possibly perfect. Thoughts?

AL

AL_B said:
Decided to give Superchips a call today, and ask some questions.

For your info:

- Flash count feature remains intact. i.e. re-flashing will increment the counter. They do not reset it to the previous value.

-So its just the reflash count which stops this from being possibly perfect. Thoughts?

AL

I wouldn't let this worry me. If you are being careful in case of any problems that may arise and your dealer noticing the reflash counter dont be. Firstly Superchips service is second to none as I've stated before, if for example you had a problem with your car and they identified it had been remapped and used this for the basis to refuse any warranty work your superchips warranty will take care of this for 30,000 miles & 12 months, this warranty is then renewable every 12 months to run alongside your existing Audi one. To be honest the extra warranty is purely for peace of mind and rarely needed as the 'maps' are kept realistic to maintain reliability. I really would be very surprised if you had any issues with your dealer due to the remap especially if using bluefin and switching back to standard prior to visits, mine has yet to notice anything untoward with previous cars.

If you do go ahead quote mkivs-forum and this frum stating you are a member and pretty sure you'll get a 10% discount.

just had mine done yesterday a custom code phase 1 at jbsautodesigns exellent service by james and the rest of the staff. one thing he did recommended was not to run too much boost for now and that if i went back when i have put more miles on my engine he would up the boost and give me a dyno print out, oh and we also put a panal filter on it and he recommended a new dv to be on the safe side he reckons it would be running about 290-300bhp now

the dv isnt fitted to the turbocharger, on the S3, WHY you would need to do that god knows.

Still not sure which remap to go for, and its the flash counter thing which is bothering me, has to be said.

Been having a read of threads in this forum and the A4 forum, and it would seem GIAC is the only one that doesn't increment the counter. But what about REVO and APR? Is the APR one even available yet?

Cheers

AL

Not sure about APR so I will only comment on REVO.

When REVO remap your ECU the remapped software and sits in some free space on your ECUs memory, this means the original map is also still present on the ECU. You can then switch between the maps as and when you like. REVO provide a device to do this called an SPS (at an extra cost!).

Another feature of the SPS is that it has the ability to reset the the flash counter back to 0 whenever you want.

I am not sure if switching maps with revo increments the flash counter or not so this would be something worth seeking conformation on.

This is how it seems to me;

Oettinger - Cant fault the product, usually carry a TUV50 (I think thats the one 50k KM with no impact upon product) but their products can be a bit expensive. UK agent very good outfit, if a tad slow at times.

Superchips - USed to have a really poor rep - it appears to me they have put a lot of effort into turning this around. USed for VW cup. I don't care about the counter, it doesnt really reflect upon their tuning ability.

Revo - A lot of folsk with R32s followign REVO trials ended up having ECUs replaced under warrenty because they would not accept updates - this did nothing to endear my opinion of the company and I'd wait to see further info before I chose them.

APR - I think we need to refer to Oettinger now, as I am sure i read they now work in many areas together.

APS - Great and knowledgable setup, offering Superchips or custom maps which are done by long standing code writers with a lot of time in the business. Would certainly consider these for custom code following other works done.

keep away from REVO, once i had the five hour trial my car was dyno'd after at 163 bhp instead of 180 so i think they put it back lower than stock. AMD then confirmed they thought the same. I also noticed it was all power in low end then nothing, it drove like a deisel. Also once it was done, AMD was not able to tune my car from the ODB Port or whatever its called and had to remove the actual chip and do it manually. Still i only got 198.6 Bhp and 217 ft/lb from amd so i would be more tempted to go to APR and mite actually go to chipped uk in birmingham to have mine re-done as they said they will dyno it, diagnose any problems and retune all for £330, gotta call them and check.

Just keep away from REVO from what i know.