Wheel cleaner

Rachael

Reaction score
I normally use Wonder Wheels to clean my alloys but they don't look half as good as the pics I've been looking at on here. Was just wondering what everyone else used to get their wheels looking so good?

I have bought Bilberry wheel cleaner from cleanyourcar.com and have to say it is awesome was recommended to me by a friend.

It really does do an excellent job and so easy to use.

Regards

Faz

thanks, will have a look at that site. Also, wheels have been kerbed a few times (women drivers!!) and was thinking of getting them refurbished. Anyone know anyone in the Aberdeen / Aberdeenshire area that is any good?

I use the Auto Glym wheel cleaner, does a really good job.

Lads...

You have to be careful when choosing a wheel cleaner to look after your lovely paint finish. It's all about the bling yes? ;)

The need to be careful when choosing is down to the amount of acids that "some" manufacturers use when making their wheel product line. Even a small amount of acid will/can strip paint over time, add that to a rigorous brushing with a brush to aggitate wheel/brake dust i think you get the picture.....

I'm no expert but do know that Bilberry is safe to use on wheels, be carful especially when using AutoGlym products, even the wheel brushes are too harsh.

AutoGlym = poor mans products.

Do some shopping around on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk and you'll find some excellent products at very good prices. And "NO" before you ask i don't work for them, just like to stick to what i know best. :)

G

Lads...

You have to be careful when choosing a wheel cleaner to look after your lovely paint finish. It's all about the bling yes? ;)

The need to be careful when choosing is down to the amount of acids that "some" manufacturers use when making their wheel product line. Even a small amount of acid will/can strip paint over time, add that to a rigorous brushing with a brush to aggitate wheel/brake dust i think you get the picture.....

I'm no expert but do know that Bilberry is safe to use on wheels, be carful especially when using AutoGlym products, even the wheel brushes are too harsh.

Do some shopping around on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk and you'll find some excellent products at very good prices. And "NO" before you ask i don't work for them, just like to stick to what i know best. :)

G

YOU damn right fella!!!

Looks good and has the all important Acid FREE statement! :p

Might look into this, but for now bilberry will be what i'm sticking with!

I like to work my wheels so i "know" they are clean and sealed! :p

@ Faz, nice one fella! :p

As G said, you have to be careful with some products.. Rachael, I'd ditch the WonderWheels straight away. As a last resort, save it for the inner rim (if you were to take the wheels off at any point) Certainly don't use it on split/chrome/polished rims.

I've used Megs Wheel Brightener for sometime now.. but again, quite acidic stuff. Anything that I doubt, i'll use Megs APC Or AutoSmart's G101. AutoSmart SmartWheels is supposed to be good stuff too (safe!).

Hi i use "Menzerna Gel 7.5 wheel& tire cleaner" as advised by the people at Polished Bliss, its the the all important Ph neutral so can be used regular without causing any damage, they use it on alot of their cars, its good stuff,

Think I will ditch the Wonder Wheels, have to wear gloves when cleaning my wheels with it cos its nips my skin a fair bit too.

:keule:

:confused:

autoglym are good products, just you have to pick what is best for you..... their super resin polish is used quite widely from what ive seen, even with the people that know what their doing......

The winter wheels and are on, the BBS's are off :ermm:

But anyhows, I use Autoglym SRP on the BBS's and I think it does a grand job. Not to sure I would use it on them every wash tho.... there are too many nooks and cranies to get in to and SRP is meant to have a slight abrasive quality too them. I used it lightly to remove contaminates. Silky smooth and outstanding shine!

For washing I use turtlewax platinum as mentioned before by someone. By they way, they are that shiny and the camera that poor a quality that it may look like there are some scratches on them.... there aint :p

12122008618.jpg

11012009700.jpg