What will I beat, what will i not? A3 's speed!!

I

imported_tobycruse

I'm sure everyone has been in the situation, theres a golf or some other hatchback next to the lights with you and there going to try their luck against your car. My question is, what cars can A3 drivers beat and what would we loose against? I'm only talking against other hatchbacks. And yes the 3.2 V6 would happily beat any other hatchback off the lights, respect to you guys! But for us 1.6, 1.9 and 2.0 liter drivers what can we beat? Lets hear about all the races you guys have had too!

T. Cruse, firstly welcome to Audi-Sport.net!

That's a nice car you have for been only 18 and being a student!

We don't really like to talk about street racing because it is illegal and very dangerous!

The best way to find out what you car can and can't beat, is to take it to the track or drag strip.

I'm not sure of such places down Kent way, but in Scotland, we have Knockhill for trackdays and Crail and Edzell for drag racing.

Ah, sorry bout the racing thingie. Time to find some drag strips! Thanks for the welcome!

...and not to burst your bubble too much:
Don't go expecting to 'beat' too many 'faster' cars with an FSI. Sorry, but it's just not that sort of car...

A well driven Saxo will show you a clean pair of tailights every time...

At least your car is well made and a nice place to spend time. It's just not quick / fast.

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
...and not to burst your bubble too much:
Don't go expecting to 'beat' too many 'faster' cars with an FSI. Sorry, but it's just not that sort of car...

A well driven Saxo will show you a clean pair of tailights every time...

At least your car is well made and a nice place to spend time. It's just not quick / fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree Glen. The FSi is good, but its certainly not quick. Drove a A4 FSi and thought it was a bit gutless. Still a nice car tho, and would choose that over smaller frog rocketss any day!

Rich

Ah, interesing. Is there anything one could do to an FSI to make it "go" a bit more?

Yea, just looked up the specs of the Citroen Saxo 1.6 16v VTS 3-door and its 0-62 is about 7.8 seconds! The A3 2.0 FSI is about 9.1 seconds! How come its so much slower?

[ QUOTE ]
T. Cruse said:
Ah, interesing. Is there anything one could do to an FSI to make it "go" a bit more?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Sorry to be blunt. You are stuck with it.

[ QUOTE ]
T. Cruse said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You could always strip your interior out, might gain a couple of tenths on the dragstrip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
T. Cruse said:
Yea, just looked up the specs of the Citroen Saxo 1.6 16v VTS 3-door and its 0-62 is about 7.8 seconds! The A3 2.0 FSI is about 9.1 seconds! How come its so much slower?

[/ QUOTE ]

One word: WEIGHT

All those lazy barsteward accessories add weight...that the the ability to hit more than a Jack Russell and allow the owner to walk away uninjured.

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:

You could always strip your interior out, might gain a couple of tenths on the dragstrip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm..
It may just break the 9.0 second to 60 then!

[ QUOTE ]
T. Cruse said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Its so much slower due to weight and the engine just aint that lively. I had one for a courtest car a while back and I just didn't like the acceleration at all. One nice thing ( or bad) was the quietness at high speeds.. I found in the end I had to use the cruise control in order to keep my license..

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
even 8seonds tho... wow, sure you could handle the speed!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds pretty close to your performance Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Oh nope you were three tenths quicker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(Haven't you missed me, not.)

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif You trying to get the record for oldest joke? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

One day you will realise how much you really hate me, and yes this will continue until we face one another on the 1/4 again....or you beat my times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Why not M3-Turbo? I got a mate who put 321hk M3 stove in his 325, that was'nt enough so hit put a turbo on it aswell =P ~450hk on the wheels, sleeper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dani said:
Why not M3-Turbo? I got a mate who put 321hk M3 stove in his 325, that was'nt enough so hit put a turbo on it aswell =P ~450hk on the wheels, sleeper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking if not an M3 then maybe a blower will do just the job on a 330ci /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ....or on the M3!

[ QUOTE ]
Yak said:
Rich, hehe.. seriously "wow". Anyway, I meant to point out, that it's not "that bad" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

As for 2,0 TDI.. not again this discussion?

- Yak

[/ QUOTE ]

Yak, all I was pointing out was that the 2.0TDI can be easily tuned whereas the FSI can't.