What oil after rebuild?

ash_pearce

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Right guys the car is almost rebuilt, a step by step post is on the way but for now i need to know what oil I should put in for the intial bedding in period?

I've rebuilt plenty of engines and have always used 10-40 semi synth as i find it a good all rounder and then after 500 -1000 miles put the recemmended in.
I've been doing some googling and searching on here but there seems to be mixed responses. This has probably been the most expensive and time consuming rebuild I've ever done and want to get it right.

Thanks in advance.

I always use 10w-40 to be honest, alot of others will probably say to use 5w-40, but both are fine i believe.

Thanks mate, I've got a big drum of 10-40 so that will do the trick. Getting nervous now, I hate starting them for the first time.

LOL....fingers crossed for you mate, just think if it fires up and runs ok, you will have a VERY BIIIIG smile on your face!!

Let me know how you get on :)

almost there just need some more jubilee clips, i hate the spring type that are fitted as standard, yeh fingers crossed should be ready to fire tomorrow! big smile on my face but not my wallet lol.