1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best car air freshener?

CHEZ Dec 20, 2012

1. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

Never thought of that.

I've been trying to work out what to do with my bars of sex wax.

2. Lukehh

Lukehh Member

i personally love the magic tree black ice freshener!

3. Avnt

Avnt Active Member

Get a swizzels matlow drumstick airfreshener tin. Makes you want a drumstick lolly all day

4. Peachy

Peachy Member

Coronado Cherry or the bubblegum flavoured California Scent for me. I don't care if they're sickly sweet, I like them and they last forever.

5. Ultra Violent

Ultra Violent Sick & Wrong. Team Solar Audi S3

+1 on the California Scents for me, although I prefer the Vanilla or Grape. Lasts for ages.

6. Furkz

Furkz Active Member

i need something like a cig lighter adapted toaster, the smell of fresh toast is the best :)

i usually get a strawberry smelly feet but recently quite enjoy the new car cali scents

7. Mindak

Mindak Active Member

California car scents (Coronado cherry) I buy like 4 at a time off eBay last ages! Strong for some but can easily close the vent! Lol

8. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

Keept the interior clean, and you shouldn't need air fresheners.

9. Jameze

Jameze James

I bought a load off eBay and dotted them all around my house. I don't think there's a room that doesn't have at least one hidden in it somewhere!

10. egesford

egesford Member

11. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator Audi A4

12. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

ScottD3 and Jason.s like this.
  13. MJR

MJR Member

This thread is so funny, I just wanted to add that Ive found this type of freshener to be the best IMO, it gives that new car smell and lasts a decent amount of time too, they are also cheap for 10 from flea bay, this one is lavender but they come in other flavors too, i love the lavender one above the rest, and everyone who gets in my car loves it too....

[​IMG]

Heres where to get them if interested....COVEVA TEAR DROP ASSORTED HANGING CARAVAN CAR AIR FRESHENER CHOOSE YOUR SCENTS | eBay

14. Andy Crooks

Andy Crooks Well-Known Member

15. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

California Scents are the ones to go for without a doubt nowadays!!

Very nice and they last forever.

16. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon TDi

Yankee candle are nice but don't last. The longest lasting by far I have found are the Help for Heroes ones! Nice smell as well.

17. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Yankee Candle are more for the house aren't they??

We have them at home and I have to say they last forever!!! (smell nice as well)

18. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi A6

I use the Febreze Aqua Car Air Freshener it's not over powering when you get in the car.
    [​IMG]

19. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon TDi

No. There are also Yankee Candle car fresheners. My missus insists on getting them.

20. ScottishA4B9

Well I just ordered California Scents to see what all the fuss is about. 2x Coronado Cherry and 1x Balboa Bubblegum off eBay for £5.45 for the 3!

Nilz likes this.
  21. Furkz

Furkz Active Member

cheery is good but bubblegum can smell like puke if you got leather :(

22. Nilz

Cherry is the most common one and does smell very nice, the vanilla one aint bad either.

I think I have a bubblegum one at home, so may get that out this week.

I have been most impressed with them and normally get 5 for a tenner at shows, to be honest they normally last me a year.

23. ScottishA4B9

Got half leather so hope not! Lol

24. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing Supporter

Got a new car so decided on a new cali scent!
    The Coronado cherry were epic, but had them in last car, wanted something different in the a5.
    Chose fresh linen, smells ok but not particularly strong or impressive! 😐
    Will go for citrus splash next time to see what that's like!
    New car or melon are always a possibility too, but got to be cali scents as they fit in cup holders so well in back!

25. ScottishA4B9

My cali scents arrived today! Coronado Cherry smells great!

Rami likes this.
  26. Rami

Rami New Member

Great insights on this page. Thanks. I've used Tree air fresheners but honestly, I'm a bit of a health freak. I drive a 2010 VW GTI (Audi engine :racer:) and recently started using what I think is the best car air freshener made from essential oils! It's called Mychoice Aromatherapy Car Scenter.

I guess I'm too sensitive for those man made products.

27. devo

devo Active Member

My carvan smells of raw timber and the petrol/2stroke mix leaking out of the chainsaw so dont need a air freshener in it.i quite like it. Potpourri in the ashtray is a great air freshener if your stuck

28. mikeyboy

mikeyboy S-line

Cherry S-line :) DSC_0122.JPG

29. skiptowncat

skiptowncat Active Member

Spilt Milk in the footwell smells the best

30. devo

devo Active Member

Oh yes, been there.twice

31. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

The ultimate air freshener is an odor fogger bomb .

32. AudiSpy

AudiSpy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

100% New Car Scent

33. a3bashaa

a3bashaa New Member

I used the Bubble Gum one that i found on here: Top 5 Strongest Car Airfresheners It nearly knocked me out haha, to be fair i did spray it quite alot, i want to try the premium black leather one but i cant bring myself to pay that for an air freshener, if anyone gets it can you message me and let me know what its like?