what is needed to install FBMFSW?

Lewbo

Reaction score
hi guys just quick question i am wanting to install a FBMFSW into my a3 s line 2005, doesnt have multi-function.
i have the flat bottom steering wheel with multi-function, i know i am going to need a slip ring and control module and airbag.

could someone tell me the part numbers for these please

cheers

Are you wanting to install yourself, you will need vcds for sure to code up & remove any errors on install.

So you dont have the round airbag with the wheel cause these arent cheap at all, I can get prices for new slip ring/steering cu if interested, maybe find an airbag but lowest I've seen was £350ish, new are way above that.

thanks for reply, yes i am wanting to install myself and i know i need vcds was going to buy as its handy to have.
well i heard that the airbag wont even go off with it been dual stage. seen the airbag covers on ebay was thinking of that.
yes i am interested in the prices for slip ring and ecu if you dont mind.
do you have the part numbers for these

all help appreciated thanks

i suppose you could make a hybrid airbag if you used your origional airbag and a new cover not something i would want to toy around too much with id need to see the cover and the airbag together to come up with a fitment solution and i aint shelling out 80 quid for acover on a maybe

well i heard that the airbag wont even go off with it been dual stage. seen the airbag covers on ebay was thinking of that.

No thats incorrect, its when fitting a dual stage airbag to a single stage controller on pre-05 8p's thats the question if will function or not, as yours is 05 then you most likely have the dual stage controller/airbag setup already, so shouldnt be an issue, but sticking your old airbag & the cover on, well wish you luck, personally I wouldnt & also whether it will line up with the fbmfsw bolts.

sorry to hijack, i'm not interested in this mod right away but i thought i might as well ask now instead of starting another thread later.

i've got a 2006/55 S-Line with an MFSW. what do i need to install a FBMFSW aside from the wheel and airbag? do i still need an ECU and slip ring?

cheers in advance!