What have you done today?

Thanks dude, can't believe no one makes any foglight blanks for 8l considering how many intercooler setups you cant fit fogs in !

I can still retain fogs if needed as I had a custom Toyosport cooler fabricated with hard pipes to suit.
However looks more aggressive without the silly fogs, hence why I don't have them fitted.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I got to drive my car today for a few hours in the rain, these S3 are so much fun!. I haven't felt this connected with a car since i had a mk2 RS2000 in the 80's.
Also brought a new S3 :sunglasses:

Reactions: IPG, samurai and Dohcwp
Getting ready to spend time with the one i love this weekend.............................

Finally got a pressure switch fitted and regassed the air con ready for summer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 208
Reactions: mr_pepps
Cursed the car for breaking down about 140kms away from my home (and tools) ... need to figure out how to read codes there, so I can fix it in the car park it's in.

Yearly full service and inspection done, the car only does 3K miles a year and is over serviced but i like that.

Painted the rear disc's to match the fronts i did the other week.

New rear Audi badge, the old one was going a bit dull after 15 years.

Running out of things to do on the car now!, a bit more detailing and fit the cruise control.

Reactions: feck_on_a_stick
A bit of noise of my S3 GT35 for you people :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee.S, Tj 0785 and superkarl
Boost guage fitted is boosting to 0.6 bar and holding nice is this normal for a standard s3 8l?

IMG 1801

Also fitted a new glovebox as my lid had broke :)

Hope to be sorting the handling!!

20170522 102408 2721x3628

Reactions: mr_pepps, jojo, S3JACKSON and 2 others
That's a little low in my opinion. Supposed to be ~0.8bar.
Unplug the N75 solenoid and see what it does then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi superkarl when engine is of my gauge doesnt sit bang on 0 its mechanical so i presume it would be boosting around 0.7 bar will try unplugging n75 see what happens

My old knob was starting to show signs of wear, so i just need to fit this..........................................................

Been for some boost :) very hot day unfortunately!

20170525 162449 2721x3628

Reactions: andrew_wright, scotty_24, jojo and 7 others
Spent some time this weekend building this lovely motor. Nice high spec, would happily have it myself

Look forward to seeing it running, should be a nice responsive engine with the lightweight parts that are on it

Reactions: IPG, jojo, SamHendry and 2 others
finally managed to get the correct power steering pressure switch (it was over double the price of the half moon one)

broke down trusting ***** Ford ST silicon bends. - good job someone could bring some spares to the roadside. had a helpful passer-by telling me I had too much boost.

buy cheap buy twice or "should have got an airtec" make your own mind up.

Cheaphose

Reactions: jojo
broke down trusting ***** Ford ST silicon bends. - good job someone could bring some spares to the roadside. had a helpful passer-by telling me I had too much boost.

buy cheap buy twice or "should have got an airtec" make your own mind up.

View attachment 127345
Doesn't even look reinforced... seen heat and blistered...

<tuffty/>

yeah I still had two of the rubbish 90 degree bends in the st 2.5 boost kit (only guaranteed to 1 bar - I see that all the hoses popped off no beads and now this - strange I dreamt they would melt just the other day when I was packing away the box with them side by side)

This was after about 1 minute of persistent hard acceleration (only between 60-80) - it was okay for about 150 miles of "normal" driving - but I couldn't bring myself to any risks on my way to work.

I have ordered replacements - ramair 90 degree bends - the other hoses I got from them are more like badgers TIP multi layer with fabric reinforcement -
all the issues I have had are on the hot side of the toyo sports intercooler - so either it is restricting the flow or cooling it sufficiently.

fbdb9bded2b56d73e5cc6077b0926459.jpg

I cried. Engine mount collapsed. Clunk bang wallop smash grind bla bla bla..... FML

Well today i fitted some wind deflectors, put on rear wheel spacers (20mm) with some new shoes
58f2069b117f8d86cdd11387c132212d.jpg
3e94b90f3dee8c9935e938c0939fb07f.jpg
91e5981f7958da0d2bae04ef9b641432.jpg
46cdd36243a208f36efce74324276256.jpg

Think i need bigger spacers tho to bring the wheels out flush

Reactions: S3 Hilife, SamHendry and Jxly
Unlucky! Hope resulting damage is minimal! What happened? Bolts snap?

Thanks, me too! Bolts threaded I think. Engine has dropped because mount has come apart, not had a proper look yet but I can see the mount and there is ground metal on top of the screw holes. Hit a bump a mile before and I'm guessing it just ripped it clean out. Got it taken home on the truck and it's sat waiting for me to start the analysis...Monday funday! Hoping it hasn't damaged selector or driveshaft. Just had new clutch put in. Will update this on Monday if I remember and if I make any progress. I'll be ripping air filter & battery etc out to have a decent look at damage. I'm hoping that the worst case collateral damage is maybe a bent wishbone or something.

After finally finding someone who didn't mind stretching the tyres a tiny bit I had my new wheels fitted not to everyones taste but I'm happy with how they look

91e6e43c50ce312662b040264b1e0c90.jpg

Steve

Reactions: mr_pepps, DaveS3 2016, hydro s3 and 5 others
sad days - these Audi's are hardly bomb proof BMWs are they?
I know that feeling :-(

Btw, picture was taken from a BMW... Go fugure
f8a619716f81345a734f92ac2b537f68.jpg

Sent from a green cloud on planet Procrastination

Reactions: Stuart B
I know that feeling :-(

Btw, picture was taken from a BMW... Go fugure
f8a619716f81345a734f92ac2b537f68.jpg

Sent from a green cloud on planet Procrastination

What happened here?

Having a look at the mount tomorrow, going to just make sure it is threaded so I can get another asap. Don't have a car to get to work. My pic was taken from an old clio...about as far from a bomb proof Bmw as possible lol.

What happened here?

Having a look at the mount tomorrow, going to just make sure it is threaded so I can get another asap. Don't have a car to get to work. My pic was taken from an old clio...about as far from a bomb proof Bmw as possible lol.

Don't know yet. The car will just stall when I touch the accelerator, and has a real hard time iddling.
I've been digging in my engine for the last couple of weeks now.
Here's what I've found to be broken and thus replaced
- MAF
- DV
- Camshaft position sensor
- Fuel filter
- Cleaned the throttle valve

What I found now and still need to replace
- Camcase ventilation valve - "hockey puck"
- PCV tubing

What I still need to check
- Injector seals
- Fuel pressure (and thus FPR)

Basically haven't found "THE" cause yet, just a lot of small problems. More details in my thread if you want :)

After finally finding someone who didn't mind stretching the tyres a tiny bit I had my new wheels fitted not to everyones taste but I'm happy with how they look

91e6e43c50ce312662b040264b1e0c90.jpg

Steve

Looks amazing steve!!!

Reactions: S3 Hilife
Don't know yet. The car will just stall when I touch the accelerator, and has a real hard time iddling.
I've been digging in my engine for the last couple of weeks now.
Here's what I've found to be broken and thus replaced
- MAF
- DV
- Camshaft position sensor
- Fuel filter
- Cleaned the throttle valve

What I found now and still need to replace
- Camcase ventilation valve - "hockey puck"
- PCV tubing

What I still need to check
- Injector seals
- Fuel pressure (and thus FPR)

Basically haven't found "THE" cause yet, just a lot of small problems. More details in my thread if you want :)

check here - for an air leak it is a weird push fit rotating connector - I just put a jubilee clip on it.

Screenshot 2015 10 18 00 32 45

Cleaned my old cylinder head up. It's immaculate. Survived the piston catastrophe. Will rebuild it with stock valvetrain and sell it on.
cd5eb812d3eacc179aaa139b8c878ac6.jpg