What have you done today?

Had to send mine to the garage to be fixed as I haven't got the time to do it myself this week but it's having the following.

New alternator , new battery , new nsr caliper ( seized ) new rear pads and discs , new hand brake cables both sides.

Took car in for rods and manifold fitting yesterday. Should be ready to pick up today, exhaust valves have play so I'm having that sorted, looking forward to seeing pictures with the rods in :D.

Turbo housing has bad cracks apparently, good job im going hybrid!

I fitted my new s3 leather armrest today. Took a while to find one that wasn't broken,the ratchet mech works perfect,the lid opens/locks correctly and the leather is even in very good nick,got it for a bargain too,£30 delivered!

Reactions: Gmac, IPG and A3-Lee
Car won't be ready till Monday now :(

So I'm picking up a rental 1 series today, not driven a bmw before so this should be interesting

I fitted one (a genuine one) to mine a while back, it was really easy to fit, even for a novice like myself! there's plenty of guides about for fitting them, it's mostly just a matter of cutting a bit of the console out then bolting the bracket down.

I am on the hunt for a genuine one now! Not the sure the aftermarket jobys are like ok fleebay.

Ordered a 3" downpipe for the S, so I will be ready for stage2 soon! :)
And this landed on my doorstep earlier today! :)

11137203_10152842522480880_5421414868657985003_n.jpg

Reactions: S3AMJ
Painted my heat shield, catch can + plastic bits on the air filter, then fitted a couple silicone hoses on the catch can, will do the 3rd one when i have the inlet mani off! got a painted mani & rocker cover ready to go on soon.
11536026_10153369148430792_7623309892716595677_n.jpg

Hey
Painted my heat shield, catch can + plastic bits on the air filter, then fitted a couple silicone hoses on the catch can, will do the 3rd one when i have the inlet mani off! got a painted mani & rocker cover ready to go on soon.
11536026_10153369148430792_7623309892716595677_n.jpg

Hey lavis where did you get your battery cover?

Mine came with the car, i've always assumed it was a standard item
I assumed it was aftermarket because my s3 doesn't have one. Another quick question if you don't mind. Where did you get your coil pack loom plastic tubing?

Cheers

I assumed it was aftermarket because my s3 doesn't have one. Another quick question if you don't mind. Where did you get your coil pack loom plastic tubing?

Cheers

The S3 came with a plastic battery cover and battery jacket, A3s come with that cover.

Reactions: SamHendry
I got lucky and someone on the VAG parts group on facebook was selling one (after i enquired about getting one). They're from a tigaun or something similar if i remember correctly, need a bit of trimming to fit a 1.8t but nothing drastic
Quick search on google threw this one up, from the states but gives you a part number
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Coil-Pack-Harness-Cover-Conduit-2.0TFSI-TSI.html

Reactions: SamHendry
Thanks for that information lavis. Very useful. I'll check it out

oh wtf.

where is the switch for this? hahaha didn't know that's what those squares were for! i thought they were just bumper access covers

Reactions: S3AMJ and Lavis89
oh wtf.

where is the switch for this? hahaha didn't know that's what those squares were for! i thought they were just bumper access covers

Switch headlights on, and activate your front wash wipe for 2 secs, the headlamp washers has a slight delay as pressure builds up, before they pop upwards.

Bought a new personal plate >.<

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-06-26 01.20.12.png
    Screenshot 2015-06-26 01.20.12.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: Tfsi gone
I bought two private plates at night. Under the influence too. The wife's, the sons, still waiting on mine....

Reactions: Clart
Did you mention about Cardiff Audi recently mate on another post? About good service etc...
I know a bit about them....

Last edited:
Yeah man! Cardiff Audi = Top Service, good boys n girls down there... >.<

What you have done?
Only an insurance quote for some accident damage, and they sorted me out with some center caps for my non standard wheels.
Really helpful and friendly staff at Cardiff Audi!
>.<

I remember blaming the speed limit to a copper when I hit 65 mph in second gear. He only believed it as he was behind me and couldn't keep up in a Beemer. Lay off the donuts fatty. Can see why the pigs now use Audis...

My experience of Cardiff Audi is a bit different. Not sure if your aware of the TFSI oil problem however I opted to take my 3 yr old car there. That's when the problems started...

Finally got round to fixing the alarm siren today! Well i think i have... Managed to set if off while inside the car with it locked and stuck the keys in the ignition, but for some reason i can't replicate it. I'm wondering if there is an easy way of proving how it works???? anyone?

Rear spring changed, whilst doing the fluids last week notice the N/S rear spring broken. Upon taking it off the evidence was clear, spring broken not once but twice. How do you not know your spring is broken? Had it about a 2 weeks now and the general maintenance of the car needs a lot to be desired. The seller has just lied his *** off. So far since having it, New thermostat, temp sensor, set off Platinum plugs, camshaft kit and water pump (although there is a stamp in the book 3k ago saying changed) visual check the other day says otherwise. its going to need valve stem seals replacing as well (tell tale sign a bit of blue smoke upon start up). All this on top of the Forge inter cooler and Pipeworx down pipe and de-cat. For heavens sake hope the better half doesn't find out.

Reactions: seky
i know its not audi but did this for a insignia vxr today

11652121 10152838740420047 2135426291 n 11231690 10152833037625047 5443935971612930218 n

Reactions: voorhees
Late model Aero wiper arm upgrade on the S3

Before

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435515188574940

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435515215720878

After

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435515236662772

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435515255840604

Winner

Reactions: JohnStan725 and Lavis89