What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

Reactions: DrStrange and Bradderz_1988
I did the hood on my cab by using a hose with a multi pattern nozzle set to "strong shower" to loosen & remove the dirt.
Then using your choice of fabric cleaner ( 303 for me) clean the hood in workable sections with a medium bristle brush in a push pull motion then rinse off. If you have mildew/mould then use a stiffer brush to remove.
Once the hood has been clean thoroughly pat dry with a non lint cloth/towel or use a wet & dry vacuum.
Once dry use your choice of fabric protection ( again 303 for me) to add a hydrophobic layer.

Reactions: DrStrange and mattmanwrx
Dammit.. Wasted money buying secondhand fog lights.. They are at ~100€ new...

Bonnet being resprayed.. Also the S4 bumper..
But found that it had a large dent in the side which seller didn't mention anything about.
He told me it was ready for respray..
Also the damage that was fixed before sale, was badly done, so also needed extra work
Hooray for Polish sellers on fleebay

2194dac888b5507c0887585d210df806.jpg

9f9d279a33956adaf3d199958bf23d62.jpg

a8386078341441f32e325393a8ad279d.jpg

Reactions: neil ratcliffe, DrStrange, Greeny233 and 1 other person
Reactions: mattmanwrx
Awesome Vid Matt!

Shows a sh*t load of elbow grease. Amazing results too! (Need to find the clapping emoji haha)

Thanks bro! That's what I'd call a quick one haha!! Only 2 and a bit hours!! I could have clayed, compounded, polished it too, but will do those steps another day lol.

Looked for clapping emoji, doesn't seem to be one. This might work - :clap: edit. It didn't lol

Brad, I have followed Dan (@DrStrange ) for roof tips. His looks brand new. A couple of threads here...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-clean-a-convertible-canvass-roof.239229/

And lots of discussion here - http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/doomed-roof-any-advice-please.269278/#post-2714615

Hope this helps ya pal.

Hi Matt and Brad,

(Thanks for the kind words Matt)

Jonni3's instructions are good!

But in my case, when I bought the car the Roof was SO BAD that I almost regretted my purchase as it looked like I would no way be able to rescue it. (I bought it in the dark quite literally lol)

The great thing is, its really going to be a matter of how much elbow grease you apply and understand it wont be totally clean and mildew free from one session. I've now done 3 sessions on the roof and spent over 1 hour per! Its now absolutely spotless and like new. So chuffed.

The secret is to apply a baby sterilising fluid like 'Miltons' with a bristled brush. (A kitchen one is fine). You need to REALLY rub it in..so much so that you see all the green gunk on the end of those bristles. Leave it on for 30mins before power washing the roof to death.

I've got into a bit of an argument with 1 or 2 members on here about the idea of power washing our canvas roofs but i tell you this, they are incredibly tough and even holding nozzle of my Karcher pressure washer MM's from the roof does zero harm to it. In fact you can see the mildew come off as you do it slowly.

If yours is/was as bad as mine, you will need several attempts at this BUT in the end, it will look amazing again.

If you want, ask me for finer details and i'll share.

Bring your car to mine and I'll wash it for ya! :p

d800383deee3835a005cf5979f4fefaa.jpg

Could do with a bit of clean..
But not the point here.. Could go a tad lower still...

Semedo_B6

Wait till you get that one high kerb. I couldn't open the doors on my Subaru on a couple of streets my way.

Also, clean it!!! Get the Audi looking how it should, showroom clean!!

Wait till you get that one high kerb. I couldn't open the doors on my Subaru on a couple of streets my way.

I've had that happen to me once..
But every other kerb it clears..
Ahah.. Will do mate.. You're right.. But it's hard to keep it clean when it has been raining..

Semedo_B6

I've had that happen to me once..
But every other kerb it clears..
Ahah.. Will do mate.. You're right.. But it's hard to keep it clean when it has been raining..

Semedo_B6

Get a good sealant or wax, then the dirt will be easier to get rid of!! Should just pressure wash it clean then!!

Reactions: SemedoB6
Hi Matt and Brad,

(Thanks for the kind words Matt)

Jonni3's instructions are good!

But in my case, when I bought the car the Roof was SO BAD that I almost regretted my purchase as it looked like I would no way be able to rescue it. (I bought it in the dark quite literally lol)

The great thing is, its really going to be a matter of how much elbow grease you apply and understand it wont be totally clean and mildew free from one session. I've now done 3 sessions on the roof and spent over 1 hour per! Its now absolutely spotless and like new. So chuffed.

The secret is to apply a baby sterilising fluid like 'Miltons' with a bristled brush. (A kitchen one is fine). You need to REALLY rub it in..so much so that you see all the green gunk on the end of those bristles. Leave it on for 30mins before power washing the roof to death.

I've got into a bit of an argument with 1 or 2 members on here about the idea of power washing our canvas roofs but i tell you this, they are incredibly tough and even holding nozzle of my Karcher pressure washer MM's from the roof does zero harm to it. In fact you can see the mildew come off as you do it slowly.

If yours is/was as bad as mine, you will need several attempts at this BUT in the end, it will look amazing again.

If you want, ask me for finer details and i'll share.

Bring your car to mine and I'll wash it for ya! :p

I've got no problem with pressure washing my roof. Could always turn the pressure down a bit anyway.
My only problem with that, and I know it was recommended, but is using non car products on an expensive roof. I will just have to do it, as you and other have done it.

I have done my roof twice, but the mildew remains. I need either a harder brush, or better product. Or to just do it properly really lol.

My roof at the moment is one of two things that let the car down. If I can get that sorted would be great. Guess I gotta go buy some Milton's baby sterilisation liquid.
The other thing is my wheels. Need them refurbed lol

Any recommendations on wax or sealant.?

Semedo_B6

Chemical guys jet seal is a pretty good sealant, as for wax go for one designed for light coloured paint as your A4 is white ...something like Dodo juice light fantastic would work wonders.

Reactions: SemedoB6 and mattmanwrx
Any recommendations on wax or sealant.?

Semedo_B6

Oh gosh, just don't ask this on the detailing section of the forum, or on detailing world. I use gtechniq c2 liquid crystal v3. It gives me good protection and shows the beading really well. I can recommend that. For a wax, I have bilt hamber double speed wax, but will mainly use that for the winter months (or just before).
If in doubt, take a look in the detailing section of the forum. Or go to detailing world forum and take a look there.

Edit; this is why I said don't ask. It's a matter of opinion. Many people prefer different things. As jonni3 said, they are good for sealing and waxing. Everyone will have their own product they like

Reactions: DrStrange, Jonni3 and SemedoB6
This is my new rust free wing & dent free door on my v6 2.5tdi. I got the bumper sprayed up to as it was marked up & paint cracked on one corner

Attachments

• IMAG0189.jpg
    IMAG0189.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 166
Reactions: SemedoB6

Haha, just imagined that!

Indeed, get the B6 back to showroom finish. Nice tidy white though! (when its clean :p )

I've got no problem with pressure washing my roof. Could always turn the pressure down a bit anyway.
My only problem with that, and I know it was recommended, but is using non car products on an expensive roof. I will just have to do it, as you and other have done it.

I have done my roof twice, but the mildew remains. I need either a harder brush, or better product. Or to just do it properly really lol.

My roof at the moment is one of two things that let the car down. If I can get that sorted would be great. Guess I gotta go buy some Milton's baby sterilisation liquid.
The other thing is my wheels. Need them refurbed lol

Indeed, I was in the same boat as you. Believe me..the hood was more green than navy blue!

Yes, its understood that you would have the reservation about wanting to put a car only product on your car (especially the roof) but with Miltons sterilising fluid..if they clean baby bottles and give them to babies to put their milk in, its fine for a cabby roof :p

A harder brush sounds good. A nice hard kitchen bristled brush will do. From then on, its wax on wax off like Mr Miagi for the next hour!

ive got your back, Im keen for you to have a spotless roof! Mentally section off you roof in squares and power wash the sh*t out of it when done!

Chemical guys jet seal is a pretty good sealant, as for wax go for one designed for light coloured paint as your A4 is white ...something like Dodo juice light fantastic would work wonders.

Completely agreed. I have exactly this. I was a sceptic before..not anymore! (it rhymes)

Unreal shine! Literally looked like glass when i was done..

Indeed, I was in the same boat as you. Believe me..the hood was more green than navy blue!

Yes, its understood that you would have the reservation about wanting to put a car only product on your car (especially the roof) but with Miltons sterilising fluid..if they clean baby bottles and give them to babies to put their milk in, its fine for a cabby roof :p

A harder brush sounds good. A nice hard kitchen bristled brush will do. From then on, its wax on wax off like Mr Miagi for the next hour!

ive got your back, Im keen for you to have a spotless roof! Mentally section off you roof in squares and power wash the sh*t out of it when done!

My roof isn't too bad. See pic below (of the beading but it shows the discolouration). It is green in patches.

I may record the session, like I do with my car wash weekends lol.

IMG 20160518 105829

Edit, this pic might show it more

IMG 20160410 124519

My roof isn't too bad. See pic below (of the beading but it shows the discolouration). It is green in patches.

I may record the session, like I do with my car wash weekends lol.

View attachment 95054

Edit, this pic might show it more

View attachment 95055

Lol yeah you could record it, stick it on youtube and no doubt, you will have Cabby owners thanking you for the vid!

Good pics Matt, shows what you mean exactly. Boy did my roof make yours look like a washed dinner plate!

All of what I mention will work magic on your roof. :)

Lol yeah you could record it, stick it on youtube and no doubt, you will have Cabby owners thanking you for the vid!

Good pics Matt, shows what you mean exactly. Boy did my roof make yours look like a washed dinner plate!

All of what I mention will work magic on your roof. :)

Great. Good that mine isn't as bad as yours then!! Will only need 2 hours work lol.

If I do record it, I'd do it like my other video. I may even put my gazebo up and then down to dry it, so it might be a bit difficult. We'll see how the weather is when I come to do it.

Reactions: DrStrange
Great. Good that mine isn't as bad as yours then!! Will only need 2 hours work lol.

If I do record it, I'd do it like my other video. I may even put my gazebo up and then down to dry it, so it might be a bit difficult. We'll see how the weather is when I come to do it.

Yep! Its a pain to budget all those hours but you'll feel amazing afterwards and so will your 'like new' roof.

Yep! Its a pain to budget all those hours but you'll feel amazing afterwards and so will your 'like new' roof.

It's a normal Friday for me buddy. I put 2-3 hours aside for washing my car on a Friday, so will just do the roof instead.

Reactions: DrStrange

I get that problem all the time lol

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrStrange and mattmanwrx
I get that problem all the time lol

You don't can mate!! Lol. You need a way to be able to use the air once you're out.

The worst is passengers not knowing and opening the door thinking it is a normal car

Reactions: D9n dk
You don't can mate!! Lol. You need a way to be able to use the air once you're out.

The worst is passengers not knowing and opening the door thinking it is a normal car
I remember my mum getting out my car and slamming my door in a curb luckily no damage we laugh about it now lol

The missis knows to well I pull up air out and she's says don't worry I'll watch the curb haha

I remember my mum getting out my car and slamming my door in a curb luckily no damage we laugh about it now lol

The missis knows to well I pull up air out and she's says don't worry I'll watch the curb haha

It's funny cos they seem to not damage the door. I had a mate open the door and on the Scooby and it proper crunched and I has to even get someone else in the back of the motor on drivers side to pull it up a bit. But there was no damage.

I then got my Audi and he said at least I don't have to watch for high kerbs. I told him you have to watch more than you did for the Scooby cos the car is 10x better/expensive/more to repair. I now (if possible) park up on drivers side so I know I won't damage it.

Short story. Doors are tough lol

Reactions: DrStrange and D9n dk
hi folks started to strip the wiring loom that i pulled from the avant i had here. ive pulled the wire for the headlamp wash system. got all the bit togther for the 2 din conversion. just need to order the fakra adaptor. pulled the wiring for the disc player in the glove box aswell.

Attachments

• Picture 1875.jpg
    Picture 1875.jpg
    566.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Picture 1878.jpg
    Picture 1878.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Picture 1879.jpg
    Picture 1879.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Picture 1880.jpg
    Picture 1880.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Picture 1881.jpg
    Picture 1881.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: Wahlstrom
20160625 110742
Well quite a constructive day,gave the old girl a full service.Also replaced my worn out drop links and arb bushes..its definitely sharpened up the steering feel which is a bonus!

Attachments

• 20160625_112245.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 102
Reactions: Wahlstrom
hi folks started to strip the wiring loom that i pulled from the avant i had here. ive pulled the wire for the headlamp wash system. got all the bit togther for the 2 din conversion. just need to order the fakra adaptor. pulled the wiring for the disc player in the glove box aswell.

That looks like a nightmare mate lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replaced the driver side window regulator as it had begun crunching when going up from down position..
The wire was stripped and could break any minute...