Well thats it, summer has now left and the leather seats are on heat mode.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well as summer has now well and truly left us for another 8 months and the old bus has been pretty well covered in frost for the last few days, its on with the heated seats now for a few mins first thing, nice and toasty.....
leather seats are great but first things they can be darn cold.......bring back summer .....pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Ghost, RSTHRILLER and 1 other person
We had our first frost yesterday. So I know how you feel. Lol it’s dark not long after 5 so winter is officially here Rob. :) x

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Charlie Farley
This is why I always send my wife out to warm up the car. Her ar5e does a good job of warming things up along with the heated seats. :D

Reactions: martin1984 and RSTHRILLER
Heated steeeing wheel + heated half leather is ideal :grimacing:

E701A5E4 01C7 4A56 A574 8ADC10619D5E

Reactions: Audi Bairn
heated steering wheel, that's a bit posh.....

Reactions: JudderMan and KrisKrk
A bit too posh Rob. Glad they don’t do traditional hand-breaks in Audi anymore else ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes the trusty old handbrake......to be honest I prefer the old type , have you ever tried doing handbrake turns with an electric handbrake, not really much use , I think i'll stick with my good old lever and button setup.

Glad I’ve chosen half leather. It’s not so cold in the mornings and at least something to keep me worm until my diesel worm up enough so I switch the heating on.
I’d love to have the steering wheel heated.
Lets wait for the temp to drop further and We’ll have to drive our less posh cars in gloves, for first few miles. Lol

th

I say.......the're a bit posh.....

Reactions: KrisKrk
Hahaha
Yeah! I see myself in those.
Only then, our glove compartment would be finally used to serve it’s purpose.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Charlie Farley and DieselJake
How old are you lot heat seats steering wheel really its not that cold far too many luxuries in todays cars. Lol

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake
i'm old.....well a lot older than I used to be ..lol

Reactions: Sandra and Audi Bairn
How old are you lot heat seats steering wheel really its not that cold far too many luxuries in todays cars. Lol

I have to say I’m not fussed about heated steering wheel, but heated seats are fantastic in those icy mornings to take the edge off while it takes time for the car to heat through

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ghost
It is not the weather but the leather seats in these cars these mornings. I drove a friends car on one of these chilly mornings and man it was like sitting in a freezer.

Alcantara is different though

Well I've got economy cloth not too hot during summer and not too cold in winter lol

Lol @martin1984. I agree. My B7 is the same and my wife hasn’t moaned about the seats yet. I’ll blame the cheap leather used in B7s though

It is not the weather but the leather seats in these cars these mornings. I drove a friends car on one of these chilly mornings and man it was like sitting in a freezer.

Alcantara is different though

I have to say I’m looking forward to alcantara. I’m not however looking forward to the inevitable day one of my kids puke on them. I’m hoping the waterproof seat cover holds up.

Last edited:
I’d ceramic coat them. Mine are already protected so all I have to do is to maintain

I’d ceramic coat them. Mine are already protected so all I have to do is to maintain

I’m not sure ceramic coating my kids will stop them puking but I’ll give it a try if I can get them to stand still long enough.

Reactions: KrisKrk, V6_Man and martin1984
Never thought about any coating on the alcantara but it is definitely a good tip. Will consider that. Thank you

My son puked once at the back but 99% went in he's car seat. Got it all properly cleaned and ready for he's now 1 week old brother.
First one got an upgrade to a new seat and been transferred to the front, as a co-pilot. Watch out people !

Reactions: V6_Man
Never thought about any coating on the alcantara but it is definitely a good tip. Will consider that. Thank you

My son puked once at the back but 99% went in he's car seat. Got it all properly cleaned and ready for he's now 1 week old brother.
First one got an upgrade to a new seat and been transferred to the front, as a co-pilot. Watch out people !
Both of mine have puked twice each and each time I almost lost the will to live cleaning it up. Fortunately the majority was in the car seat but the car seats have that many nooks and crannies it took an age to clean with a steamer and a blaster. If I never have to clean up kiddies vomit again from a car seat it will be too soon.

Reactions: Sandra
I’m not sure ceramic coating my kids will stop them puking but I’ll give it a try if I can get them to stand still long enough.

It won’t stop them but it will make cleaning a lot easier. An example below

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition
They selling something like that also at Car Giant.
Mate of mine bought an overpaid 13reg 1series for he’s wife from there. Paid 9k and the car doesn’t even have xenon lights, leather or anything really. All that so she can do half a mile school run and 1 mile work journey each day.
Anyway.
They were selling there all these fancy, professional and well overpriced car cleaning products.
You could also choose to have all the interior coated so the water/liquid runs down from it like in video above.
They were charging silly money for that treatment and amount of people going for it, you would not believe.
Spent an hour in there only and majority of commissions based salesman, were actually pushing it to each and every customer they had.
You bought a car from us? Ask a Car Giant guy.
Yes. Reply a customer.
Well, in that case, you must protect it also, my friend. Who cares, it is a sh...tty BMW. You must pay me extra £200 for the interior treatment so I can get the commission from it also.