1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vcds expert required

Chillout Apr 8, 2013

1. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

Hi I was wondering how easy it is to add the lock and unlock beep to my 2005 a3 3.2 v6 I have looked at doing this before but I am bit worried about messing things up I would also like to add follow me home lights if possible would much appreciate help from a vcds pro.

cheers

2. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Its a doddle mate. Will take a competent VCDS user minutes to give you the unlock/lock beep feature..........if you have the facility available within the module. I know the newer cars have it as its one of the most popular things that people want doing.

3. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

I've done the lock/unlock beep on mine.

If I remember correctly, you go through 46 Central Convenience, Long Coding, can't remember which Byte (might be Byte 7) but click through them until you find the option Locking/unlocking confirmation (horn) via remote control. Tick those boxes and save. Pretty simple but if you're worried, just take a note of what you clicked so you can easily just change it back if its wrong.

Also, here's a little guide to follow for the Coming Home lights cominghomelights - Audi Retrofit

4. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

I don't suppose anyone could talk me through adding the beep

5. Mikemc

Mikemc Scooby Slayer VCDS Map User

He basically just walked you through it then, it doesn't get much easier

6. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    Brodster likes this.
  7. Mikemc

8. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

9. Mikemc

Double check your coding and is your wire earthed? As it only needs to be touched once to turn on as I found out on here, I then taped it up

10. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

My wire isn't earthed anymore seems to be the leaving home lights only work if you haven't locked the car within a set time just unlocked it now and it worked. However if I unlock it then lock it without opening the doors they go out immediately once locked I think they are meant to work like this ?
    cheers

11. Mikemc

Yea mine do that I think it's normal