Valance for 2006 S-Line Sportback

Fenriz

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm hoping someone can help me out here, I currently have a 2006 2.0TDI S-Line Quattro, but the rear valance has a dirty great hole cut in it from the previous owner where they had a tow bar fitted. See picture.

So what I would like to know is, would an S3 valance fit and if so what price would I be looking at, if not how much would I be looking at for a standard replacement one.

Thanks in adavance

Mark

Question is do you still want to use the towbar or did they remove it anyway?

The tow bar is removed and I don't plan on using it again.

S3 valance will fit an Sline upper fine, SB S3 valance is about £200 or so plus paint/fitting, if you were nearer to Salford then could be done there.

Thanks for that NHN, what price would the standard S-Line valance be, £200+ is alot for a fairly small piece of bodywork.

Just checked my receipts and I picked up the S3 valance (the style below) for £100+VAT from TPS, so I reckon you could get it sprayed and fitted for £200

Whether this valance fits a SB though, I don't know? Maybe NHN can clear it up?

258xvgy.jpg

That's the style I'm looking for, what finish does it come in standard, by that I mean is it just a plain black/grey plastic finish, does it need to be sprayed.

Just checked my receipts and I picked up the S3 valance (the style below) for £100+VAT from TPS, so I reckon you could get it sprayed and fitted for £200

Whether this valance fits a SB though, I don't know? Maybe NHN can clear it up?

258xvgy.jpg

That's because the 3dr valance in that pic was available for 06-08 S3's, but not 5dr's, 5dr versions were only on facelift S3's & it doubled in price & came in 2 parts.

That's because the 3dr valance in that pic was available for 06-08 S3's, but not 5dr's, 5dr versions were only on facelift S3's & it doubled in price & came in 2 parts.

But can the 3dr S3 valance shown in the pic be retrofitted to 5dr A3s of the same age? (06-08). I know the 3dr and 5dr bumpers are different around the rear light area, but are the bottoms of the bumpers where the valance clips into the same?

No, sb's have a longer wrap round part of valance.

Thanks for all the input guys, I have a friend that's a mastertech at Aston Green Audi in Slough going to ask what price he can pick one up for, hopefully he can get it cheaper on staff rates.

Thanks, didn't realise that was part of the valance assembly.

On the earlier A3s and S3s the valance is one moulded piece. In your pic you can see the line where the valance clips into the bumper. Everything below that line is one piece

Ok, thanks! :thumbsup:

In which case, would this style valance be a direct fit on an 06 SB SLine?

2009_audi_s3_rear3.jpg

Yeap, as long as it still has that separating lower valance part then it will be pnp as such, meaning, remove old lower part & fit new, its the 09 slines that now are no longer separated by the lower valance trim & not interchangeable anymore.

As said you would need 2 parts to do the upgrade.

Here are the part numbers i used when i ordered mine
8P4 807 434 G 1RR - Grey Diffuser
8P4 807 521 K GRU - Primed Valance ready for painting.

I went from this (S-Line):

2d43a82c.jpg

To this (S3):

file-10.jpg

file-17.jpg

pic of the primed part attached to the upper bumper:

null-69.jpg

That's perfect Ash187 exactly what I'm looking for, also thanks NHN and SCFC for all your input, time to start saving I think unless my friend can come up with a great price.
Am planning on getting the front end sprayed in a few months as the bumper and bonnet are badly stoned chipped, so if I time it right could get the valance done the same time.

There goes the RNS-E I wanted out the window though :(

Black S3 style grille arrived yesterday, and black gloss emblems for front & back turned up today, got a few weeks off beginning of June so will fit the grille then, looking forward to seeing the Red/Black theme completed.

Next up will be a set of Aluminium S3 pedals and foot rest. Also the wife likes the look of the facelift rear lights so they'll come at some point too.

Stay tuned.

here goes the RNS-E I wanted out the window though :(

Next up will be a set of Aluminium S3 pedals and foot rest. Also the wife likes the look of the facelift rear lights so they'll come at some point too.

Give me a shout mate as I can supply/fit all of these systems if interested futurewise.

Reactions: Fenriz