VAG Commander 2004 8P 1.6 A3 instrument cluster help!

poxxxy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I connected up VAG commander and a connected via CAN BUS 2.0 to my ECU and without meaning to change anything (although I did press coding tab on the left which said coding unit successful), Somehow I have changed the odometer from miles to kilometres and the cars instrument panel is behaving as if it were a foreign car.
For example, when left door is open it shows that the right door is open.
On switch of ignition i'm also presented with a warning telling me to apply brake when stationary when selecting gear.
Does anyone know how I can get this back to normal!?

I did manage to read the eeprom, can this be edited somehow to correct the country settings?

Hello,

Don't play with eeprom.bin - because you didnt damaged the BIN FILE. You "only" screw up the coding. I had the same problem with VAG K+CAN commander. The coding was wrongly given. When you open the software you have to put the coding in the HEC ( value) windows instead of DEC(Valeu).

Coding of the dash you will find here:

Audi Portal: ECU Diagnostic . Audi A3 8P (2003- ) . Instrument Cluster J285

If you need more info type on witanski.dariusz@interia.pl I will try to help you.

RGDS

Dariusz

hi again,

and without meaning to change anything (although I did press coding tab on the left which said coding unit successful),

I had the same situation - when you press "Coding" on the menu on left - the module was code with defautl number - in this case it was 1 or 0.

Use Hec(Value) and link to coding and everything would be ok :)

RGDS

Dariusz

hi again,

and without meaning to change anything (although I did press coding tab on the left which said coding unit successful),

I had the same situation - when you press "Coding" on the menu on left - the module was code with defautl number - in this case it was 1 or 0.

Use Hec(Value) and link to coding and everything would be ok :)

RGDS

Dariusz

I have dne the exact same thing on a Seat Leon 06 plate. Do you know where I might be able to find the codes to reset it?

i have the same issue did you manage to resolve it and if so any info would be great