1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAG Commander 2004 8P 1.6 A3 instrument cluster help!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by poxxxy, Jul 16, 2011.

1. poxxxy

poxxxy New Member

[Jul 16, 2011]
    Hi all,
    I connected up VAG commander and a connected via CAN BUS 2.0 to my ECU and without meaning to change anything (although I did press coding tab on the left which said coding unit successful), Somehow I have changed the odometer from miles to kilometres and the cars instrument panel is behaving as if it were a foreign car.
    For example, when left door is open it shows that the right door is open.
    On switch of ignition i'm also presented with a warning telling me to apply brake when stationary when selecting gear.
    Does anyone know how I can get this back to normal!?

I did manage to read the eeprom, can this be edited somehow to correct the country settings?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. poxxxy

poxxxy New Member

[Jul 16, 2011]
  4. witanus

witanus New Member

[Jul 21, 2011]
    Hello,

Don't play with eeprom.bin - because you didnt damaged the BIN FILE. You "only" screw up the coding. I had the same problem with VAG K+CAN commander. The coding was wrongly given. When you open the software you have to put the coding in the HEC ( value) windows instead of DEC(Valeu).

Coding of the dash you will find here:

Audi Portal: ECU Diagnostic . Audi A3 8P (2003- ) . Instrument Cluster J285

If you need more info type on witanski.dariusz@interia.pl I will try to help you.

RGDS

Dariusz
  5. witanus

witanus New Member

[Jul 21, 2011]
    hi again,

and without meaning to change anything (although I did press coding tab on the left which said coding unit successful),

I had the same situation - when you press "Coding" on the menu on left - the module was code with defautl number - in this case it was 1 or 0.

Use Hec(Value) and link to coding and everything would be ok :)

RGDS

Dariusz
  6. bengreen0687

bengreen0687 New Member

[Mar 4, 2012]
    I have dne the exact same thing on a Seat Leon 06 plate. Do you know where I might be able to find the codes to reset it?