Using TPS?

.Ben.

Reaction score
Anyone able to let me know how I go about using TPS?

I'm not a business and I realise the service exists for the trade but I see a lot of people mention TPS as though they're using their local motor factor.

If I want to register to become a TPS customer, I have to be a business. So, do I have to *cough* lie on their website?

Excellent!

I've just Googled them and seen that they're part of Colborne's on Slyfield - So does that mean standard dealer prices for Joe Public?

I may have misunderstood the use of TPS - I thought they were a trade outlet where we could get trade prices on genuine bits?

TPS prices are cheaper than main dealer prices because they dont pay asmuch to buy stock in from VW. Some centers are really sh!tty about who they serve. Sometimes trade only with proof or they`ll just serve anyone.

Thats basically what they are. A trade outlet to get genuine OEM bits cheaper than the dealer. Basically to try and retain business against the likes of Eurocar parts and GSF.

They just have a habbit of employing ******* that drive people away back to using dealers. VW wont address this though and thinks the sun shines out of TPS`s **** and will do anything for them. Most dealers like myself hate them because we like everyone else had to take vans off the road and take a huge cut in money when TPS first arrived because VW dont want us selling to trade and think thats what TPS is for.

my local one is pretty cool!
i think there glad to be selling me parts rather than taxi drvers which seems to be there biggest customer base around here!
sometimes if i spend quite a bit i get discount too! :yes:
but, i have heard horror stories about some TPS stores being a bit strict on who they serve!

Excellent!

I've just Googled them and seen that they're part of Colborne's on Slyfield - So does that mean standard dealer prices for Joe Public?

I may have misunderstood the use of TPS - I thought they were a trade outlet where we could get trade prices on genuine bits?

ive got account, if you have any trouble.

If you want a trade account (usally just 10% discount) either email them from your .co.uk address with details or letter headed paper, not hard ;)

I ask them for a price on an item, they give me the price, I say "thanks and what's the trade price", they tell me, I say "ok, I'll pop in for it". Always paid trade prices that way.

I use derby TPS and there great. I have a copy of ETKA and always give them part numbers. The people who annoy the staff are public who go in and know nothing about their car, and march the staff outside pointing at hoses under the bonnet.

Oil and filters are rarely more than £20. And the screen wash is simply the best!

Other forums have set up discounts with TPS. I have had up to 40% off

TPS in Stockport have always been helpful whenever i've been up north on leave.
Never had any issues.

I use TPS where possible but currently I have to deal with a contact at TPS Tonbridge and get the parts delivered to a friend's house that is in their catchment area, real pain as he is an hour away...

I tried TPS Guildford before and they stuck 2 fingers up at me. I wasn't a n00b, knew exactly what I wanted and was very nice to them. They are anhell of a lot closer to me that Tonbridge.... I have registered interest on their site as I have my own company but as I am not in the motor trade I doubt they will bother.

I could try the email bit to them instead but will wait and see I guess.

Use TPS on a daily basis at work. Parts are there very quickly. I have an imprest stock from them of common filters/brake parts/oil etc. Very good to deal with.