Uniroyal Rainsport 3's.....

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Are the above any good? My car passed it's MOT on Friday and two tyres are 2mm. I normally stick with Conti Contact sports as I have no issues with them at all. However, I managed to get a good deal on 4 Uniroyal RS3's.
Never had Uniroyals before. Get them fitted late next week.

Cheers.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but how did you get on with these with the quattro? being non directional I was wondering if it messes with the Torsen diff at all or if you have noticed any squirming from the tyres when on the limit?

As a whole though I like the unyroyals and the rs3's are a brilliant tyre, wet grip is phenominal, very decent tyre for very decent price.

No problems what so ever and they have surpassed my expectations in the snow and wet! Extremely pleased with them. No Torsen issues on my 2.5 V6 Quattro.
I ran Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 2 on my B5 S4 with no problems on the Torsen diff too.

Reactions: Bbflex
Thanks for following up, iv been very pleased with all the uniroyal range, I used there winter tyres there rs2's and there rs3's and even there standard rain sports with good results, just not on a 4wd or anything with a locking diff, the wet grip on rs3's is phenominal for the price.

Just had 4 rs3's fitted for about £300. Great tyre for the price. Really cannot fault them!

Yes decent enough, more than the hankook v12's atleast

Hard to see on this picture but these where slightly stretched on the rim

And the alloy that I caught on the curb, you can see the rim protector has tried to do it's job.

I have only done about 2k on them and haven't noticed any significant wear as yet. Still look brand new to be honest.

Reactions: S3 GAZ
They aren't overly soft, I did probably close to 10k with 80% motorway 20% honing and spinning tyres and they had a good 5-6mm left on them.

Iirc they took a couple af thousand miles to bed in so hopefully they get better for you s4 Dan, they felt a bit wary for a while, the rs2's used to be really sketchy till they bedded in, they used to feel all floaty because of the deep tread.

Cheers guys. Will be a good contender for my next tyres. As it practically rains 70% of the time here in Ayrshire.

Reactions: S4_dan
Cheers guys. Will be a good contender for my next tyres. As it practically rains 70% of the time here in Ayrshire.
Same here in Lanarkshire! That's why I've bought them! Had the old RS2's on my old fiesta too!